Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 is Incompatible with Windows Vista 64-bit
This document pertains to HP Notebook PCs with Windows Vista.
When you connect a camera, memory card, or other media that contains photos (such as a flash memory drive or CD) to a computer running a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista, the Adobe Photo Downloader for Photoshop Elements does not automatically appear. This is a known Adobe issue.
NOTE:Adobe recommends a 32-bit operating system to take full advantage of Photoshop applications and Microsoft specifies that Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 is not compatible with Windows Vista 64-bit.
If you are having trouble getting Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 to import your photos, you can use Windows Explorer to import your photos into Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.
Importing photos using Windows Explorer
To import your photos into Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 using Windows Explorer, follow the steps below.
- Be sure that your media device is connected and turned on.
- Click File , Computer , and then double-click the name of your media device.
- Navigate to the picture(s) that you want to import into Photoshop Elements 7, select the desired pictures, and then move them into a folder that you can easily find on your hard drive, such as your Pictures folder.
- In Adobe Photoshop Elements 7, click File , Get Photos and Videos , and then select From Files and Folders .
- Navigate to the picture(s) on your hard drive, select the picture(s) that you want to import into Photoshop Elements 7, and then click Get Photos .
Your picture(s) are now imported into Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.