Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 is Incompatible with Windows Vista 64-bit
This document pertains to HP Notebook PCs with Windows Vista.
When you connect a camera, memory card, or other media that contains photos (such as a flash memory drive or CD) to a computer running a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista, the Adobe Photo Downloader for Photoshop Elements does not automatically appear. This is a known Adobe issue.
NOTE:Adobe recommends a 32-bit operating system to take full advantage of Photoshop applications and Microsoft specifies that Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 is not compatible with Windows Vista 64-bit.
If you are having trouble getting Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 to import your photos, you can use Windows Explorer to import your photos into Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.
Importing photos using Windows Explorer
To import your photos into Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 using Windows Explorer, follow the steps below.
- Be sure that your media device is connected and turned on.
- Click File, Computer, and then double-click the name of your media device.
- Navigate to the picture(s) that you want to import into Photoshop Elements 7, select the desired pictures, and then move them into a folder that you can easily find on your hard drive, such as your Pictures folder.
- In Adobe Photoshop Elements 7, click File, Get Photos and Videos, and then select From Files and Folders.
- Navigate to the picture(s) on your hard drive, select the picture(s) that you want to import into Photoshop Elements 7, and then click Get Photos.
Your picture(s) are now imported into Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.