Wireless Connection Using One Button Wireless Setup with a WPS Enabled Router
This document contains steps to connect the HP product to a wireless network using One Button Wireless Setup with a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)-enabled router.
Wireless connection using One Button Wireless Setup with a WPS enabled router
Follow these steps to establish a wireless connection.
Step one: Verify required components
Make sure you have the following items before continuing with wireless setup:
- A wireless 802.11 network that includes a WPS-enabled wireless router or access point
- A computer with either wireless networking support, or a network interface card (NIC)
- The computer must be connected to the wireless network that you intend to install the HP product on
Step two: Establish the connection
- Press and hold the Wireless button ( ) for two seconds.
- Press the corresponding button on the WPS-enabled router or other networking device. If you do not know what the corresponding button on your router is, contact the manufacturer of the router.NOTE:You have two minutes to press the corresponding router button.The Wireless icon ( ) and signal-strength bar ( ) appear solid to indicate successful wireless network configuration.