Black Border around Screen when Connecting through DVI or HDMI
This document applies to desktop computers that have a DVI or HDMI connector.
When you connect your monitor to the computer using a DVI or connector, the display might appear under-scanned, showing a black border around the image.
To fill the screen with the image, you need to disable the under-scan setting in NVIDIA Control Panel or change the scaling options in ATI Catalyst Control Center, depending on the graphics card on your system. To determine if your computer has an NVIDIA or ATI graphics card, right-click an empty area of the desktop and look for NVIDIA Control Panel or Catalyst(TM) Control Center.
- Right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then click NVIDIA Control Panel.
- In the View Selection window that opens, select Advanced Settings, and then click OK. The NVIDIA Control Panel opens.
- In Selecting a Task on the left, under Video & Television, click Resize HDTV desktop. A window opens.
- Ensure that Do not resize my desktop is selected. If necessary, click this option to select it.
- Click Apply, and then click Yes to keep the change.This completes the steps to disable under-scan.
Follow these steps to change the scaling options with ATI Catalyst Control Center.
- Right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then click Catalyst(TM) Control Center.
- In the View Selection window that opens, select Advanced, and then click Next.
- Click Yes to open the ATI Catalyst Control Center.
- At the top of the window, click Graphics to open the drop-down list, then select Desktops & Displays.
- Click the arrow in the corner of the display graphic, and then click Configure.
- Under Scaling Options, make sure that Full Screen is selected. Then click OK.
- Click Apply, and then click OK to keep the change.This completes the steps to disable under-scan.