Using Pivot Pro Software
This document describes how to use Pivot Pro Software for HP flat panel monitors with rotating displays.
Use the Pivot Pro Software to easily switch the screen viewing mode between landscape (horizontal) and portrait (vertical) without restarting the computer.
Installing the software
When your monitor includes the Pivot Pro Software on the CD included in the monitor box, you can install the software onto your computer, either from the CD or from the download page for your monitor on the HP Support Web site.
When you install the Pivot Pro Software onto your computer, either from the CD or from the HP Support Web site, select the same language for the software as your computer operating system. Selecting a different language may cause the Pivot Pro Software program to not function properly and you may see a series of error messages. The computer operating system language is usually the default language.
To install the software from the CD:
- Insert the CD in your computer CD drive. The CD menu displays.
- Select the language.CAUTION:Select the same language for the Pivot Pro Software as your computer operating system. Selecting a different language for the Pivot Pro Software may result in error messages before or after you restart the computer. To resolve this, uninstall the Pivot Pro Software program using the Windows Control Panel, and then install it again and select the same language as the computer operating system.
- Click Install Pivot Pro Software .
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Restart the computer.
Using Pivot Pro
Rotate the screen by switching the screen viewing mode from the desktop or from within applications. Modes are:
- Rotate : Rotates to the next screen position in sequence (0, 90, 180, 270).
- Rotate to 0 : Rotates to the landscape screen position (default monitor setting).
- Rotate to 90 : Rotates counterclockwise from landscape to the portrait screen position.
- Rotate to 180 : Rotates to the presentation screen position (content is upside-down compared to landscape mode).
- Rotate to 270 : Rotates clockwise from landscape to the portrait screen position.
To select or switch the Pivot Pro screen viewing mode:
- Click the Pivot Pro icon on the Task Tray (Notification area), and then select a viewing mode.
- Use a desktop shortcut, if it is supported by your operating system: Right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then select the Pivot Pro screen viewing mode from the menu.
Using the Pivot Pro Floating Button on the desktop
The Pivot Pro Floating Button is disabled by default.
Enable the Pivot Pro Floating Button by using the Pivot Pro icon on the Task Tray or the Pivot Software tab in Advanced Display Settings.
Click the Pivot Pro Floating Button on the desktop to rotate to the next screen position in sequence.
Right-click the Pivot Pro Floating Button to change options:
- Disable , to disable the button.
- Small , Medium , or Large , to enable the button and select the icon size.
- Stays on top of other windows , to keep the button level at desktop (unchecked) or always on top (checked).
Click the blue area of the button and drag it to move the button to a new location on the desktop.
Using the Pivot Pro icon on the Task Tray
To select or switch the Pivot Pro screen viewing mode from the Task Tray:
Click the Pivot Pro icon on the Task Tray (Notification area), and then select a viewing mode.
From the Pivot Pro icon on the Task Tray, you can also select:
- Floating button and select an opinion for it.
- Help to open more information about using Pivot Pro Software.
- Options to enable and select Hot Key definitions for the each screen viewing mode.You can also enable and select Hot Keys by using the Hot Keys tab in Advanced Display Settings.
- About to view the program version.