HP Product Icon is Missing in Devices and Printers After a Network Installation in Windows 7
When you open the Devices and Printers window, the HP product icon is missing. However, the product is functioning correctly.
If the HP product icon is not displaying in Devices and Printers , you can view the HP product properties, print queue, and preferences by following these steps.
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and Printers . The Devices and Printers windows opens.
- Under Devices , right-click on the computer icon.The device menu opens.
- On the menu, click one of the following options for the HP product.
- See what's printing : Lists the current print jobs for the HP product.
- Set as default printer : Set your HP product as the default printer.
- Printing preferences : Customize the options for your printouts.
- Printer properties : Lists the properties for your HP product.
- Delete print queue : Allows you to delete the printer driver from Devices and Printers .WARNING:If you delete the default printer, Windows 7 automatically assigns another default printer, unless there are no other printers installed in Windows 7.