The 'LCD List needs to be upgraded' Message Displays on the Computer When Scanning From the Product
When you try to scan from the control panel of the HP product, the 'LCD List needs to be updated' error message displays on the computer.
After you click OK, the Scan To...Setup window opens.
The error message continues to display when you try to scan, even if you update the LCD list.
Follow these steps in the order presented to resolve the issue.
Step one: Power cycle the HP product
- Without turning the HP product off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the HP product.
- Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the back of the HP product.
- If the HP product does not turn on automatically, press the Power button () to turn it on.
Step two: Check the HP product status in HP Solution Center
- Confirm that the touch screen displays the Home screen and that the product is idle.NOTE:Do not try to scan again yet.
- Open HP Solution Center:
- Windows XP: Click Start, click All Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Windows Vista: On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon (), click Programs, click HP, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Make sure that a green check mark displays under the name of your HP product in HP Solution Center.NOTE:If you have more than one HP product connected to your computer, select your HP Photosmart Premium product from the sidebar.
- Try to scan from the front panel again.
- If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
- If these steps did not resolve the issue, continue with the steps in the Workaround section.
Use the steps in one of these workarounds to work around the issue.
|Workaround one: Scan from HP Solution Center||Click here for instructions on scanning from HP Solution Center (c02453257) (in English)|
|Workaround two: Scan without using HP software||Click here for instructions on scanning without HP software (c02459304) (in English)|