Adding or Replacing Memory in HP TouchSmart 300-1000 Series Desktop PCs
View the following video before using the steps in this article.
NOTE:For best quality on dial-up connections, wait until the video has fully loaded before viewing.
A TouchSmart 300 Series computer can be upgraded to a maximum of 8 GB of memory. Consult the motherboard specifications for specific memory upgrade information. Memory upgrades might not be needed since many TouchSmart computers already have the maximum amount of memory installed.
Make sure that you buy the correct type of memory for your TouchSmart computer. Since SO-DIMMs (Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules) are smaller and thinner than most other DIMMs, they require less space inside the case.
Your TouchSmart computer supports memory with the following specifications:
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Two DDR2 SO-DIMM (200-pin) sockets
- Supported SO-DIMM types:
- PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333 MHz) with the Propus core processors
- PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066 MHz) with the Regor core processors
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Each slot supports 2GB or 4GB DDR2 SO-DIMMs
- Supports installation of up to 4GB RAM on 32-bit systems or 8GB RAM on 64-bit systemsApproximately 3.2 GB is addressable on 32-bit operating systems
NOTE:Do not remove the memory from its protective packaging until you are ready to install it.
Removing the left rear access cover
To access system memory, remove the left rear access cover on the back of the computer.
Removing a memory module
Use the following steps to remove a memory module:
Adding or replacing a memory module
To install an SO-DIMM memory module, follow these steps:
Replacing the left rear access cover
Use the following steps to replace the left rear access cover: