This document provides instructions for loading envelopes.
Video of loading envelopes
The following video demonstrates the steps for loading envelopes in the HP Officejet 4500.
NOTE:Some Officejet 4500 All-in-One printer models do not have an automatic document feeder (ADF), so your product might look slightly different than the one shown.
Follow these steps to load envelopes into the product.
- Remove any paper from the paper tray.
- Insert a stack of envelopes into the rightmost side of the paper tray.NOTE:Load envelopes that have a flap on the short side of the envelope with the flaps toward the back of the tray and facing up.Load envelopes that have a flap on the long side of the envelope with the flaps on the left and facing up.Figure 1: How to load envelopesCAUTION:Make sure that the product is idle when you load envelopes into the paper tray. If the product is engaged in a task, the envelopes could be pushed in too far forward, causing the product to eject blank envelopes.
- Slide the stack of envelopes forward until it stops.
- Slide the paper width guide inward against the stack of envelopes.
- Make sure that the stack of envelopes is no higher than the top of the paper width guide.