Error Messages Appear During Windows Update, When Inserting Card or Using Live Mail
Notebooks with the Western Digital high density hard drive, such as 1TB or 750GB, may display abnormal error messages if the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (IRRT) is not updated. Examples of error messages include:
- Windows requires a digitally signer driver. This message appears after inserting a media card into the 4 in 1 card reader for the first time.
- Windows Live Mail could not be started. This message appears after launching Windows Live Mail.
- Windows requires a digitally signer driver. This error message appears while installing 3G USB dongle.
- An error message appear while running benchmark software such as PCMark Vantage or MobileMark 2007.
- Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running... This error message appears while performing a Windows Update.