HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer Series Product Specifications
This document contains specifications for the product, including model numbers, system requirements, and print speed.
To purchase this product or a similar product, go to HP Home & Home Office .
|Model||Wireless Network||Wired Network (Ethernet)||USB|
|HP Officejet 6500A Plus (E710n) e-All-in-One Printer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|HP Officejet 6500A Plus (E710s) e-All-in-One Printer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|HP Officejet 6500A (E710a) e-All-in-One Printer||No||Yes||Yes|
The following tables contain the system requirements for supported Windows and Mac operating systems.
Supported Windows operating systems : Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
NOTE:For Windows Vista Starter Edition and Windows 7 Starter Edition, only printer drivers and scan drivers are available.
|Component||Minimum system requirement||Recommended system requirement|
|Processor||Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2||Intel Celeron processor, 233MHz||Intel Pentium III or higher processor|
|Windows Vista||800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor||1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|Windows 7||1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor||1.5 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|Windows 8||1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor||1.5 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|RAM||Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2||128 MB||512 MB|
|Windows Vista||512 MB||1 GB|
|Windows 7||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||2 GB|
|Windows 8||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||2 GB|
|Free disk space||Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2||750 MB||850 MB|
|Windows Vista||2 GB||2.5 GB|
|Windows 7||1.5 GB||2 GB|
|Windows 8||2 GB||2 GB|
|CD drive||CD or DVD drive|
|Browser||Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Firefox 2.0 or later; Google Chrome 3.0, with Adobe Flash 10 or higher|
|Windows Vista||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Firefox 2.0 or later; Google Chrome 3.0, with Adobe Flash 10 or higher|
|Windows 7||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Firefox 2.0 or later; Google Chrome 3.0, with Adobe Flash 10 or higher|
|Connectivity*||Network support||Embedded networking|
|USB support||USB 2.0 HS|
|Memory cards||Card slots|
|Other||Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later|
NOTE:USB cables are available from any reputable dealer.
Mac minimum system requirements
Mac OS X v10.5, OS X v10.6, OS X Lion, or OS X Mountain Lion.
|Height||258.3 mm (10.2 inches)|
|Width||476.1 mm (18.7 inches)|
|Depth||409.3 mm (16.1 inches); with duplexer: 449.5 (17.7 inches)|
|Weight||7.9 kg (17.4 pounds); with duplexer: 8.25 kg (18.2 pounds)|
The printing mechanism for this product consists of one printhead and four cartridges. Review the following information to find the printheads and cartridges that are compatible with your product.
Click this link, HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Click this link, HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Review the following tables for specifications regarding paper handling.
To purchase paper, go to HP Home & Home Office .
|Input tray||Paper||60 to 105 g/m2 (16 to 28 lb bond)||Up to 150 sheets of plain paper (15 mm [0.59 inch] stacked)|
|Transparencies||n/a||Up to 55 sheets (15 mm [0.59 inch] stacked)|
|Photo paper||280 g/m2 (75 lb bond)||Up to 40 sheets (12 mm [0.47 inch] stacked)|
|Labels||n/a||Up to 40 sheets (8 mm [0.31 inch] stacked)|
|Envelopes||75 to 90 g/m2 (20 to 24 lb bond envelope)||Up to 15 sheets (8 mm [0.31 inch] stacked)|
|Cards||Up to 200 g/m2 (110 lb index)||Up to 40 cards (8 mm [0.31 inch] stacked)|
|Automatic document feeder||Paper||60 to 75 g/m2 (16 to 20 lb bond)||Up to 35 sheets (15 mm [0.59 inch] stacked)|
|Output tray||All supported media||n/a||Up to 100 sheets of plain paper (text printing)|
NOTE:Output tray capacity is affected by the type of paper and the amount of ink you are using. HP recommends emptying the output tray frequently.
NOTE:Load envelopes in input tray only.
|Paper type||Paper size|
|U.S. 10 envelope||105 x 241 mm (4.1 x 9.5 inches)|
|C6 envelope||114 x 162 mm (4.5 x 6.4 inches)|
|Japanese Envelope Chou #3||(120 x 235 mm; 4.7 x 9.3 inches)|
|Japanese Envelope Chou #4||(90 x 205 mm; 3.5 x 8.1 inches)|
|Monarch envelope||98 x 191 mm (3.9 x 7.5 inches)|
|Card envelope||111 x 162 mm (4.4 x 6.4 inches)|
|No. 6 3/4 Envelope||(91 x 165 mm; 3.6 x 6.5 inches)|
NOTE:Load card stock in the input tray only. Card stock is not compatible for use with the ADF for single- or double-sided printing.
**The product is compatible with plain and inkjet Hagaki from Japan Post only. It is not compatible with photo Hagaki from Japan Post.
NOTE:Load photo paper in Tray 1 only.
|Paper type||Paper size|
|Photo paper||102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 inches)|
|Photo paper||127 x 179 mm (5.0 x 7.0 inches)|
|Photo paper||203 x 254 mm (8.0 x 10.0 inches)|
|Photo L photo paper||89 x 127 mm (3.5 x 5.0 inches)|
|Photo 2L photo paper||127 x 178 mm (5.0 x 7.0 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||127 x 178 mm (5.0 x 7.0 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||203 x 254 mm (8.0 x 10.0 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11.0 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper||100 x 150 mm (3.9 x 5.9 inches)|
|Borderless photo L||89 x 127 mm (3.5 x 5.0 inches)|
|Borderless 2L||178 x 127 mm (7.0 x 5.0 inches)|
|Borderless B5||182 x 257 mm (7.2 x 10.1 inches)|
|Borderless B7||88 x 125mm (3.5 x 4.9 inches)|
|Borderless 4 x 6 tab||102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 inches)|
|Borderless 10 x 15 cm tab||100 x 150 mm (3.9 x 5.9 inches)|
|Borderless 4 x 8 tab||100 x 200 mm (3.9 x 7.8 inches)|
|Borderless HV||101 x 180 mm (4.0 x 7.1 inches)|
|Borderless double A4||210 x 594 mm (8.3 x 23.4 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper (tabbed)||102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper (tabbed)||100 x 150 mm (3.9 x 5.9 inches)|
|Borderless photo paper (tabbed)||100 x 200 mm (3.9 x 7.8 inches)|
|Paper type||Paper size|
|Letter-sized sheets||216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11.0 inches)|
|A4-sized sheets||210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)|
NOTE:Windows does not support custom sizes.
The document margins must match (or exceed) these margin settings in the portrait orientation.
|Media||1. Left (LM)||2. Right (RM)||3. Top (TM)||4. Bottom (BM)*|
A4 210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)
210 x 297 mm (8.5 x 13.0 inches
B5 (JIS): 182 x 257 mm (7.17 x 10.12 inches)
A5: 148 x 210 mm; (5.8 x 8.3 inches)
|3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)|
|279 x 356 mm (11 x 14 inches)|
310 x 310 mm (12 x 12 inches)
B4 (JIS): 257 x 364 mm (10.2 x 14.3 inches)
Super B: 330 x 483 mm (13.0 x 19.0 inches)
A3: 297 x 420 mm (11.7 x 16.5 inches)
A3+: 330 x 483 mm (13.0 x 19.0 inches)
|5.0 mm (0.197 inch)||5.0 mm (0.197 inch)||20.0 mm (0.788 inch)||20.0 mm (0.788 inch)|
|Envelopes||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||3.0 mm (0.125 inch)||14.3 mm (0.563 inch)|
NOTE:Only Mac OS X supports custom paper sizes.
- Black print resolution : Up to 1200 x 600 dpi (when printing from a computer)
- Color print resolution : Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi optimized on HP Premium Photo, HP Premium Plus Photo, and HP Advanced Photo papers with 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Print method : Drop-on-demand thermal inkjet printing
- Device languages : HP PCL 3 GUI
- Duty cycle : Up to 7000 pages per month
- Print speed : In pages per minute (ppm)
Print Mode Print speed* Black Color Draft Up to 35 ppm Up to 34 ppm ISO Up to 15 ppm Up to 11 ppm
- Digital image processing
- Up to 100 copies from original
- Digital zoom: from 25% to 400%
- Fit to page, custom size, ID copy
- Collating: up to 8 pages
- Copy speeds vary according the complexity of the document
- Integrated OCR software automatically converts scanned text to editable text.
- Scan speeds vary according to the complexity of the document.
- Twain-compliant software interface (Windows only).
- Resolution: 4800 x 4800 dots per inch (ppi) optical.
- Color: 24-bit color, 8-bit grayscale (256 levels of gray.
- Maximum scan size from glass: 216 x 297 mm (8.5 x 11.7 inches).
- Scan options:
- Scan to memory card
- Scan to e-mail for PDF and JPEG
- Scan to PC and network folder
- Walk-up black-and-white and color fax capability
- Up to 99 speed dials
- Up to 100-page memory (varies by model, based on ITU-T Test Image #1 at standard resolution). More complicated pages or higher resolution takes longer and uses more memory. Other printer functions, such as copying, might also affect the number of pages that can be stored in the memory.
- Manual fax send and receive
- Automatic busy redial up to five times
- Automatic no-answer redial one time
- Confirmation and activity reports
- CCITT/ITU Group 3 fax with Error Correction Mode
- 33.6 Kbps transmission
- 3 seconds per page speed at 33.6 Kbps (based on ITU-T Test Image #1 at standard resolution). More complicated pages or higher resolution takes longer and uses more memory.
- Ring detect with automatic fax/answering machine switching
- Junk fax blocker
- Digital fax:
- Paperless fax archive to PC or network
- Paperless fax send from PC
- Non-volatile fax memory to retain faxes when out of paper
- Phone line support:
- Analog line - HP printers are designed specifically for use with traditional analog phone services.
- Digital Service Line / VOIP Service - HP does not guarantee that the printer will be compatible with all digital service lines or providers, in all digital environments, with VOIP, or with all digital-to-analog converters.
- Resolutions of up to 300 x 300 dots per inch (dpi):
Type dpi settings Photo Very fine Fine Standard Black 196 x 203 (8-bit grayscale) 300 x 300 196 x 203 196 x 98 Color 300 x 300 200 x 200 200 x 200 200 x 200
- Fax to PC specifications:
- Supported file type: Uncompressed TIFF
- Supported fax types: black-and-white faxes
Review the following sections for network protocol specifications.
- Windows XP (32-bit) (Professional and Home Editions), Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit (Ultimate Edition, Enterprise Edition and Business Edition), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server R2 32-bit and 64-bit (Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit (Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition)
- Citrix XenDesktop 4
- Citrix XenServer 5.5
- Mac OS X v.10.5, v10.6, OS X Lion, or OS X Mountain Lion
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Terminal Services with Citrix Presentation Server 4.0
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Terminal Services with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Terminal Services with Citrix XenApp 5.0
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Terminal Services with Citrix Metaframe XP with Feature Release 3
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Small Business Server Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server Terminal Services with Citrix XenApp 5.0
- Novell Netware 6.5, Open Enterprise Server 2
- Embedded Web Server
- Ability to configure and manage networked devices remotely
Following are the EWS specifications.
- A TCP/IP-based network (IPX/SPX-based networks are not supported)
- A Web browser (either Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, Opera 8.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or higher, Safari 1.2 or higher, or Google Chrome)
- A network connection (you cannot use the embedded Web server connected directly to a computer with a USB cable)
- An Internet connection (required for some features)
- Power supply : Universal power adapter (external)
- Power requirements :
- Input voltage : 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60 Hz (± 3Hz)
- Output voltage : 32 VDC ( -7% and +10% ) at 1560 mA
- Power consumption : 28.4 watts printing (Fast Draft Mode); 32.5 watts copying (Fast Draft Mode)
Print in Draft mode, noise levels per ISO 7779
- Sound pressure (bystander position) : LpAm 55 (dBA)
- Sound power : LwAd 6.8 (BA)
- Maximum recommended number of files on a memory card : 1000
- Maximum recommended individual file size : 12 megapixel maximum, 8 MB maximum
- Maximum recommended memory card size : 8 GB (solid state only)NOTE:Approaching any of the recommended maximums on a memory card might cause the performance of the device to be slower than expected.
- Secure Digital
- High-Capacity Secure Digital
- Memory Stick
- MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- xD-Picture Card
Review the following sections for environmental specifications.
- Operating temperature : 5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)
- Recommended operating temperature : 15° to 32° C (59° to 90° F)
- Recommended relative humidity : 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Storage temperature : -40° to 60° C (-40° to 140° F)
- Storage relative humidity : Up to 90% non-condensing at a temperature of 60° C (140° F)
This product is designed to reduce power consumption and save natural resources without compromising product performance. It has been designed to reduce total energy consumption both during operation and when the device is not active. This product qualifies for ENERGY STAR®, which is a voluntary program established to encourage the development of energy-efficient office products.
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered service mark of the U.S. EPA. As an ENERGY STAR partner, HP has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
For more information, go to the Energy Star Web site (in English).
This product generates no appreciable ozone gas (O3 ).
This product is suited for the use of recycled paper according to DIN 19309 and EN 12281:2002. Plastic parts over 25 grams (0.88 ounces) are marked according to international standards that enhance the ability to identify plastics for recycling purposes at the end of product life.
HP offers an increasing number of product return and recycling programs in many countries and regions, and partners with some of the largest electronic recycling centers throughout the world. HP conserves resources by reselling some of its most popular products. For more information about the recycling of HP products, go to www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/recycle/ (in English).
Following are the regulatory specifications.
Regulatory model number
For regulatory identification purposes, your product is assigned a Regulatory Model Number. The Regulatory Model Number for your product is SNPRC-1004-01 or SNPRC-1004-02. This regulatory number should not be confused with the marketing name (HP Officejet 6500A (E710) e-All-in-One series) or product number.
Exposure to radio frequency radiation
The radiated output power of this device is far below the FCC radio frequency exposure limits. Nevertheless, the device shall be used in such a manner that the potential for human contact during normal operation is minimized. This product and any attached external antenna, if supported, shall be placed in such a manner to minimize the potential for human contact during normal operation. In order to avoid the possibility of exceeding the FCC radio frequency exposure limits, human proximity to the antenna shall not be less than 20 cm (8 inches) during normal operation.