Troubleshooting Skype Performance Problems
The following are the basic troubleshooting issues that may be encountered while using the webcam with Skype application:
- Issues encountered while using webcam with Skype
- A static blank screen is observed after running the Skype application
- The webcam microphone is unable to work with the Skype application
Issues encountered while using the webcam with Skype.
Follow these steps when problems are encountered while using the webcam with Skype:
- Check for updates to make sure that the latest version of SKYPE is installed.To check for updates:
- Click Help and click Check for Updates . This will launch the default Web browser and displays a message indicating whether the installed version is up to date.
- Check the audio microphone and video settings and select the HP webcam product.
A static blank screen is observed after running the Skype application.
After placing the call, make sure the video setting is set to the HP webcam product.
The webcam microphone is unable to work with the Skype application.
- On the menu bar, select Call and click Audio settings .
- Make sure the microphone device is set to the HP webcam product.
- Move the Microphone Volume slider towards High to increase the volume level.
- Click Save and retry your call.