Resetting the HP eStation Zeen
You might need to reset the HP eStation Zeen for any of the following issues:
- The Zeen is unresponsive to touch or button input for an extended period of time.
- The screen is frozen.
- The Power button is unresponsive.
- You do not remember your password, and cannot turn on the Zeen.
Solution one: Reset the HP eStation Zeen
Reset the HP eStation Zeen by using the following steps.
- Press and hold the Power button on the back of the Zeen for at least eight seconds until the screen turns off, and the Zeen is silent.
- Release the Power button.
- Press the Power button again to turn on the Zeen.
Solution two: Perform a factory reset
If the steps in Solution one did not resolve your issue, you can perform a factory reset using one of the following methods.
WARNING:A factory reset removes all user data. You will also need to reset Web Services.
Method one: Perform a factory reset using the volume buttons
- Turn the Zeen off, if it is not already off.
- On the back of the Zeen, press and hold both the Volume Up button and the Volume Down button while pressing the Power button. When the Zeen turns on, release the Power button only.
- When the screen opens and displays two options, Delete user data and settings and Cancel, release the volume buttons.
- If Delete user data and settings is not already highlighted, press the Increase Volume button one time to highlight it.
- Press and hold both Volume buttons to activate the selected option, until the options disappear.The Zeen will take some time to restart.
- Wait for the Zeen to display the Select Language and Country screen, and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the product.
Method two: Perform a factory reset using the menu
- On the Home screen, touch the Menu icon.
- Touch Settings, touch Tools, touch Advanced, and then touch Factory Reset.
- A Reset Device screen displays, explaining that this reset will cause data loss. If you wish to continue, touch the Web Services button.
- On the Web Service screen, touch the Web Services line, and then touch Yes to disable Web Services.
- Touch the Back icon to go back to the Reset Device screen.
- Touch Reset Device. On the final warning screen, if you wish to proceed, touch Reset Device again. The Zeen will restart.