Using Beats Audio Software (Windows 7)
This document pertains to HP Envy Notebook PCs with Beats Audio.
Beats Audio is an enhanced audio controller that provides a deep, controlled bass (subwoofer) while maintaining a clear sound. Beats Audio is enabled by default.
To activate Beats Audio, press fn+b . When the subwoofer is turned off, the beats icon will have a slash through it .
Configuring Beat Audio
To open Beats Audio and configure the playback and recording setting, follow the steps below.
- Select Start , Control Panel , Hardware and Sound , HP Beats Audio Control Panel .Once you have opened Beats Audio for the first time, you can now search for it by typing Beats Audio in the Start menu search field.
- Select the Playback tab in the top panel. In the left panel, you can do the following.
- Adjust the settings and equalization for Speakers and Headphones, Independent Headphones, and ATI HDMI Output.
- Select the Recording tab in the top panel. In the left panel, you can do the following.
- Adjust the settings for the Microphone, Integrated Microphone Array, and Stereo Mix.
- Select the Preferences tab in the top panel. In the left panel, you can do the following.
- Adjust the settings for HP Beats Audio.
Updating Beats Audio
To update your Beats Audio software, see the HP Software & Driver Downloads page for your model notebook.