Replacing Cartridges for HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer Series
This document is for the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer Series.
This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
Consult the following table to identify the correct cartridges for your area.
|Color||The Americas||Europe||Middle East and Africa||Asia Pacific|
|Black||HP 564 Black||HP 364 Black||HP 178 Black||HP 862 Black|
|Cyan||HP 564 Cyan||HP 364 Cyan||HP 178 Cyan||HP 862 Cyan|
|Magenta||HP 564 Magenta||HP 364 Magenta||HP 178 Magenta||HP 862 Magenta|
|Yellow||HP 564 Yellow||HP 364 Yellow||HP 178 Yellow||HP 862 Yellow|
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Replace the cartridges
Follow these steps to replace and align the cartridges.
Video of replacing the cartridges
The following video demonstrates how to replace a cartridge.
NOTE:This video shows an HP Photosmart 5510 (B111a) printer, but the steps are the same for your printer.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the access area.
- Press the tab on the front of the cartridge inward to release it, and then pull up on the cartridge to remove it from the slot.
- Pull the orange tab to remove the new cartridge from the plastic wrap.
- Twist the orange cap counter clockwise until it snaps off the new cartridge.
- With the nozzle and contacts facing down, slide the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- When you insert a new cartridge, the printer automatically prompts you to align the cartridges. Touch OK on the control panel to complete the alignment.
- If the printer control panel states that the alignment has failed, continue with the cleaning steps listed on Solution six, Step 4.