This document contains steps for replacing the cartridges.
Click this link, HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Click this link, HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Replace the cartridges
Follow these steps to replace and align the cartridges.
Video of replacing a cartridge
The following video demonstrates how to replace a cartridge.
If you have trouble viewing the video or to view the video in a different size, click here to play the video on YouTube .
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before continuing.
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the access area.
- Press the tab on the front of the cartridge inward to release it, and then pull up on the cartridge to remove it from the slot.
- Repeat the previous step until you have removed all of the cartridges from the printer.
- Pull the orange tab to remove the new cartridge from the plastic wrap.
- Twist the orange cap counter clockwise until it snaps off the new cartridge.
- With the nozzle and contacts facing down, slide the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place.NOTE:Make sure that the colored icon on the cartridge matches the colored icon on the slot.CAUTION:Do not lift the carriage latch handle to install the cartridges. Doing so can result in incorrectly seated cartridges and printing problems. The latch must remain down to install the cartridges correctly.
- Repeat the previous steps until you have inserted all of the new cartridges into the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- When you insert a new cartridge, the printer automatically prompts you to align the cartridges. Touch OK on the printer control panel to complete the alignment.