Setting up HP Setup Manager
HP Setup Manager helps you setup and explore some of the features included on your computer. It guides you step-by-step and provides direct links to important HP and Windows applications.
To launch HP Setup Manager, click Start, enter setup in the search field, and select HP Setup Manager from the list.
To connect a printer to your PC, perform the following:
If you have important business or personal files on an old PC, you will want to transfer them to you new PC.
- Click Transfer Your Files.
- Click Get started transferring your files now to open the Windows Easy Transfer utility
- Follow the instructions provided to safely transfer files from one PC to another. You can transfer files:
- Using the Windows Easy Transfer cable.
- Over a network connection.
- By using an external hard disk or USB flash drive.
Getting support will connect you to HP Support Assistant. HP Support Assistant wants you to have a positive experience with you computer. It provides tools to identify and correct known issues before problems can arise.
- Click Get Support to launch the HP Support Assistant.
- Select any of the four main functions of HP Support Assistant for additional information.
- Maintain - Helps maintain you computer in top working order by analyzing the health of the computer, getting updates, providing usage tips, and running PC Tune-up.
- Troubleshoot - Provides troubleshooting information, diagnostics, utilities, and repair solutions.
- Learn - Provides a link to the User Guide, learning centers, product information, and online classes.
- Get assistance - Provides guided help, access to HP Remote Assistance, and provides multiple contact options for additional support.