Connecting to a Network with Connection Manager 4.x
HP Connection Manager provides a central location for managing your wireless devices. HP Connection Manager allows you to manage the following:
- Wireless wide area network (WWAN)/mobile broadband
- Wireless local area network (WLAN)/WiFi
- Wired local area network (WAN)
- Bluetooth connections
To connect to a mobile broadband (WWAN) connection, perform the following steps:
- Click Connect.
- The Connection Manager displays showing that you are connected to a network such as AT&T.
- When connected, you can send SMS messages by clicking SMS.NOTE:The message center provides an inbox, outbox, and a sent box for all your messages.
- Type in the Phone Number you want to call.
- Type your message and click Send.
- Click the Network icon on the task bar to view the Internet connections and the signal strength.
- Click Mobile Broadband to display the status of your broadband connection.
Click Preferences to customize the application. The following settings are available:
- General - Allows you to determine when the application launches.
- Notifications - Allows you to select the notifications to be displayed.
- Device Power - Allows you to select what devices to power on when launching.
Connection Manager has encountered an issue during the start-up process. This SQL error can also occur when trying to open Connection Manager. It has been determined that this occurs when certain programs (such as any year of Turbo Tax) is also installed on the notebook. If you encounter this error, perform the following.
This issue can be resolved by either of the following methods:
- Go to www.HP.com , Support and Drivers to download and install the latest drivers.
- You can also use the Control Panel to uninstall HP Connection Manager. Be sure you reinstall the program.
Click Help for additional assistance. The following options are available:
- Help and Support - Launches HP Connection Manager help and allows you to choose whether to share your experiences with HP.
When HP Connection Manager has been set up, it can be configured to launch when the computer is started. This will automatically connect to the Internet when one is available without having to restart the program.