Watching 3D Blu-ray Movies with Cyberlink PowerDVD 3D
This document pertains to the HP TouchSmart 620 3D computer.
With the HP TouchSmart 620 3D computer with a Blu-ray player, you can watch 3D movies, view 3D photos, and watch 3D video clips.
Before you begin
What you need before you begin:
WARNING:If you have a history of seizures or epilepsy, or have any unusual ill effects while using the 3D glasses or viewing 3D images, remove the glasses immediately and refer to the 3D Safety Information in the User guide.
Watching a movie
While your Blu-ray player can still play any DVD, to watch in 3D, you must have a movie specifically made for 3D viewing. The PowerDVD application automatically opens when you insert a movie in the Blu-ray player.
Follow these steps to begin watching a movie.
- Insert the 3D movie disc into the Blu-ray player on your PC.
- It may take a minute for the movie to load. When loaded, the PowerDVD screen automatically opens. To start the movie, press Play in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- If the movie does not open automatically when the disc is inserted, click the icon in the Windows 7 taskbar, or go to Start, and click CyberLink PowerDVD.
- Put on the 3D glasses and watch the movie.
Optimizing PowerDVD and the Blu-ray player
The CyberLink PowerDVD software and your Blu-ray player can be configured to your specific needs. You can get movie information, adjust the 3D screen depth, adjust the audio, or adjust the system settings.
Open optimization settings:
- Click Start (), and then CyberLink PowerDVD
- Select the Configure PowerDVD settings button in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.Figure 2: Configure PowerDVD settings
- Select options and settings to configure CyberLink PowerDVD to suit your specific playback requirements.
- Click Blu_ray to learn more about the movie currently in the player.
- To change 3D settings, such as scene depth, select the arrow next to the 3D icon in the toolbar.Figure 3: 3D configuration