Motherboard Specifications, IPMMB-FM (Formosa)
- Manufacturer name: Pegatron
- Motherboard name: IPMMB-FM
- HP/Compaq name: Formosa
- uATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 in) x 24.4 cm (9.6 in)
- Intel Z75
- 5 GT/s (FM Direct Media Interface bus)
CAUTION:Some system configurations for this motherboard use a BIOS that provides access to overclocking. Overclocking motherboard components is done so at risk of damaging sensitive components and is not supported by HP.
- TDP: Varies by processor
- Socket type: LGA 1155 (Socket-H2)
- Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor TDP Intel Core i3-3xxxT (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core 35 W Intel Core i3-3xxx (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core 55 W Intel Core i5-3xxxK (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core 75 W Intel Core i5-3xxxT (Ivy Bridge) Dual Core 35 W Intel Core i5-3xxxT (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core 45 W Intel Core i5-3xxxS (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core 65 W Intel Core i5-3xxxP (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core (onboard graphics not supported) 69 W Intel Core i5-3xxx (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core 77 W Intel Core i7-3xxx (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core 77 W Intel Core i7-3xxxK (Ivy Bridge) Quad Core 77 W Intel Core i3-2xxx (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 65 W Intel Core i3-2xxxT (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 35 W Intel Core i5-2xxx (Sandy Bridge) Quad Core 95 W Intel Core i7-2xxx (Sandy Bridge) Quad Core 95 W Intel Pentium G6xx (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 65 W Intel Pentium G6xxT (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 35 W Intel Pentium G8xx (Sandy Bridge) Dual Core 65 W
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Four 240-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets
- Supports the following:
- PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
- PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
- Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
- Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DIMMs
- Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systemsNOTE:32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
- Supports up to 32 GB on 64-bit systemsNOTE:Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.
*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card or an Intel processor ending with “P” is installed.
- Integrated graphics depends on the installed processor:
- For Sandy Bridge processors: Intel HD 2000 Graphics or Intel HD 3000 Graphics
- For Ivy Bridge processors: Intel HD 2500 or Intel HD 4000 Graphics
- One PCI Express x16 slot (Gen 3.0)
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
- 7.1 channel audio
- Audio codec: IDT 92HD73E
- Beats Audio support: yes
- Interface: Integrated into motherboard
- Technology: Atheros AR8161L
- Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- Transmission standards: 1000BASE-T Ethernet
- One PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0 for i5 and i7 Ivy Bridge processors, all others Gen 2.0)
- Three PCI Express x1 (Gen 2.0)
- One PCI Express Mini Card
- 1x ATX power connector
- 1x ATX CPU power connector
- 1x CPU fan connector
- 1x System fan connector
- 1x pump fan connector
- 6x SATA 2.0 connectors (SATA 0 - 1 @ 6 Gb/s, SATA 2 -5 @ 3 Gb/s)
- 3x USB 2.0 connectors
- 1x USB 3.0 connectors
- 1x Front panel audio connector
- 1x ROM recovery connector
- 1x Hood sense connector
- 1x One touch reset connector
- 1x One touch recovery connector
- 1x Wireless LED connector
- 1x Front panel connector
CAUTION: Do not change any jumper setting while the computer is on. Damage to the motherboard can result.
This motherboard has a jumper to clear the Real Time Clock (RTC) RAM in CMOS.
- Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Move the jumper to clear for 5 to 10 secs, then move the jumper back to default.
- Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
- On the next startup, enter BIOS setup to re-enter user settings.
The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes.
To erase the BIOS password follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the computer.
- Move the jumper to Clear.
- Turn ON the computer to POST screen.
- Turn OFF the computer.
- Move the jumper back to Default.
- Enter BIOS setup to verify or configure new settings.