Getting Event ID: 2280 / exppw.dll Failed to Load
Getting below event on Application log,
Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-IIS-W3SVC-WP Date: Date and TimeEvent ID: 2280 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: ComputerNameDescription: The Module DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\auth\exppw.dll failed to load. The data is the error.
Assume that Exchange is intalled on C: Drive.
The Module mapping to the exppw.dll file was missing from OWA Virtual Directory:
- Register the exppw.dll :
- Open IIS manager , select the server. Click Modules in the left pane.
- Click on Configure Native Modules > Click the button Register > Type the name as exppw .
- Browse and select the path of above file as: c:\Programme Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Client Access\OWA\Auth\exppw.dll .(c:\ is assumed to be a default drive where Exchange is installed)
- Check the module in OWA virtual directory:
- Expand sites > Default web site > select owa .
- Click Modules in the left pane. Find the exppw in the modules.
- Make sure the module type is set to Native and entry type is local .