Access Denied Error Opens when Installing HP Monitor Software (Windows 7)
This document pertains to HP and Compaq monitors with HP My Display software being used on computers with Windows 7.
When installing the software from the HP My Display disc, or an HP software driver downloaded from HP's Web site, the following error message appears during found new hardware:
Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device
Access is denied.
If the Access is denied error appears, ensure the driver you are attempting to install is compatible with the operating system of the computer. If it is, proceed with the steps that follow.
The HP monitor uses Plug-and-Play and may not require that driver files be installed on the computer. This is especially true if you are using an HP computer. However, if the computer repeatedly displays the Access is denied messages and Windows does not properly recognize the monitor, install the driver manually.
The graphics in the instructions below illustrate the proper windows to be open and where to click. The specific monitor references will vary depending on the flat screen you are installing.
Use the following steps to install the driver, or inf files, manually:
- Click Start , and enter device manager in the Start Search field.
- Click Device Manager in the list.
- Find and click Monitors to open the category.
- Find the name of your monitor in the list. If there are more than one monitors listed, the first one is your computer's display (such as a notebooks built-in display) and the second is a connected flat panel monitor.
- Right-click your monitor, and then click Update Driver Software...
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Include subfolders.Click Browse.
- Browse to the path C:SWSetup\Monitors\ and select the name of the folder that matches the name of your monitor or the name of the monitor softpaq download.
- Click Next.
- After installation is complete a window opens indicating the software installation was successful. Click Close.NOTE: Other Windows may open at this point indicating failure or that the best driver is already installed. If so, make sure that driver is compatible with your version of Windows. In the event of a failure, try right-clicking the monitor's INF file and selecting Install using Windows Explorer. The INF file is in the same directory previously browsed.
NOTE:The HP My Display software is optional software that you can use to download drivers, fine tune the display, access monitor tools, and to enable the pivot feature (physically grasping the screen and turning it 90 degrees and the image automatically rotates). If your monitor does not have pivot, or you do not want to use the autopivot feature, then you do not need to install HP My Display software - it is optional.