Printer Specifications for HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276n and M276nw
This document contains specifications for the product, including model numbers, system requirements, and print speed.
To purchase this product or a similar product, go to HP Home & Home Office .
The following table contains connectivity options.
|HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color Printer - M276n||No||yes||yes|
|HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color Printer - M276nw||yes||yes||yes|
|HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color Printer - M276n||yes||yes|
|HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color Printer - M276nw||yes||yes|
The following tables contain the minimum system requirements for supported Windows and Mac operating systems.
Supported Windows operating systems: Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
|Component||Minimum system requirement||Recommended system requirement|
|Processor||Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2||Intel Pentium II or Celeron or compatible processor; 233 MHz||Intel Pentium III or higher processor|
|Windows Vista||1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor||1.5 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|Windows 7||1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor||1.5 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|Windows 8||1.0 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor||1.5 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|RAM||Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2||512 MB||1 GB|
|Windows Vista||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||2 GB (32-bit) or 2.5 GB (64-bit)|
|Windows 7||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||2 GB (32-bit) or 2.5 (64-bit) GB|
|Windows 8||1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)||2G|
|Free disk space||Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2||200 MB||850 MB|
|Windows Vista||200 MB||2.5 GB|
|Windows 7||200 MB||2.5 GB|
|Windows 8||2 GB||2 GB|
|CD drive||CD or DVD drive|
|Browser||Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; FireFox 2.0 or later; Google Chrome 3.0, with Adobe Flash 10 or higher|
|Windows Vista||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; FireFox 2.0 or later; Google Chrome 3.0, with Adobe Flash 10 or higher|
|Windows 7||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; FireFox 2.0 or later; Google Chrome 3.0, with Adobe Flash 10 or higher|
|Connectivity||Network support||Ethernet (M276n and M276nw)|
Wireless (M276nw only)
|USB support||USB 2.0 HS|
|Web Services||ePrint, AirPrint, ePrint Home & Biz, Print Apps, Scheduled Delivery Print Apps||Supported|
|Other||Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later|
NOTE:USB cables are available from any reputable dealer.
Mac OS X v10.5, OS X v10.6, OS X Lion, or OS X Mountain Lion.
|Height||414 mm (16.3 in)|
|Width||449 mm (17.7 in)|
|Depth||476 mm (18.7 in)|
cartridges installed: 21kg (46.3 lb)
With toner cartridges installed: 23.6 kg (52 lb)
|Color||The Americas||Europe||Middle East and Africa||Asia Pacific|
|Black||HP 131A Black||HP 131A Black||HP 131A Black||HP 131A Black|
|Cyan||HP 131A Cyan||HP 131A Cyan||HP 131A Cyan||HP 131A Cyan|
|Magenta||HP 131A Magenta||HP 131A Magenta||HP 131A Magenta||HP 131A Magenta|
|Yellow||HP 131A Yellow||HP 131A Yellow||HP 131A Yellow||HP 131A Yellow|
To purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer, go to HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Go to HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country/region location is correct.
Genuine HP cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Review the following tables for specifications regarding paper handling.
To purchase paper, go to HP Home & Home Office .
|Input tray||Paper||60 to 200 g/m2 (16 to 53 lb)||Up to 150 sheets of plain paper|
|Transparencies||.12 to 0.13 mm (4.7 to 5.1 mils)||Up to 50 sheets (15 mm [0.59 inch] stacked)|
|Photo paper||220 g/m2 (59 lb bond)||Up to 15 mm [0.59 inch] stacked)|
|Labels||up to 0.23 mm (9 mils)||Up to 50 sheets (15 mm [0.59 inch] stacked)|
|Envelopes||Up to 90 g/m2 ( 24 lb bond envelope)||Up to 10 envelopes (15 mm [0.59 inch] stacked)|
|Cards||Up to 50 cards|
|Output tray||Paper||75g/m2||Up to 125 sheets|
NOTE:The type of paper affects output tray capacity. HP recommends emptying the output tray frequently.
|Letter||216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 in)|
|Legal||216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 in)|
|Executive||184 x 267 mm (7.25 x 10.5 in)|
|8.5 x 13||216 x 330 mm|
|4 x 6 in||102 x 152 mm|
|5 x 8 in||127 x 203 mm|
|A4||210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 in)|
|A5||148 x 210 mm (5.83 x 8.27 in)|
|A6||105 x 148 mm (4.13 x 5.83 in)|
|B5 (JIS)||182 x 257 mm (6.9 x 9.8 in)|
|10 x 15 cm||100 x 150 mm (3.9 x 5.9 in)|
|16k||184 x 260 mm (7.24 x 10.23 in)|
195 x 270 mm (7.68 x 10.62 in)
197 x 273 mm (7.75 x 10.75 in)
|Custom||Minimum: 76 x 127 mm (3 x 5 in)|
Maximum: 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 in)
NOTE:Load envelopes in the input tray only.
|#10||105 x 241 mm (4.13 x 9.49 in)|
|B5||176 x 250 mm (6.7 x 9.8 in)|
|C5||162 x 229 mm (6.93 x 9.84 in)|
|DL||110 x 220 mm (4.33 x 8.66 in)|
|Monarch||98 x 191 mm (3.9 x 7.5 in)|
|Transparency type||Transparency size|
|U.S. Letter transparency||216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11.0 in)|
|A4 transparency||210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 in)|
|Paper type||Paper size|
|Letter-sized photo paper||216 x 280 mm (8.5 x 11.0 in)*|
|Photo paper||76.2 x 127 mm (3.0 x 5.0 in)|
|Photo paper||102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 in)*|
|Photo paper||102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 12.0 in)|
|Photo paper||127 x 177.8 mm (5.0 x 7.0 in)*|
|Photo paper||203 x 254 mm (8.0 x 10.0 in)*|
|Photo L photo paper||89 x 127 mm (3.5 x 5.0 in)*|
|Photo 2L photo paper||127 x 178 mm (5.0 x 7.0 in)*|
|Photo paper||130 x 180 mm (5.1 x 7.1 in) *|
* This size can be used for borderless printing.
|Post cards (plain, borderless, and tabbed)||Size|
|100 x 148 mm (3.94 x 5.83 in)|
|Double Japan Postcard
Double Postcard (JIS)
|148 x 200 mm (5.82 x 7.87 in)|
|Paper type||Paper size|
|Letter-sized sheets||216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11.0 in)|
|A4-sized sheets||210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 in)|
|Minimum: 76 x 127 mm (3 x 5 in)|
Maximum: 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 in)
The document margins must match (or exceed) these margin settings in the portrait orientation.
|Media||1. Left (LM)||2. Right (RM)||3. Top (TM)||4. Bottom (BM)*|
8.5 x 13 inch
|4.2 mm (0.16 inch)||4.2 mm (0.16 inch)||4.2 mm (0.16 inch)||Windows: 4.2 mm (0.16 inch) |
Mac and Linux: 12 mm (0.47 inch)
|Envelopes||4.0 mm (0.16 inch)||4.0 mm (0.16 inch)||16.5 mm (0.65 inch)||16.5 mm (0.65 inch)|
*To achieve these margin settings on a computer running Windows, click the Advanced tab in the print driver, and then select Minimize Margins.
- Black print resolution: 600 x 600 dots per inch (dpi)
- Color print resolution:600 x 600 dpi with HP ImageREt 3600 and ColorSphere Toner
- First page out: 19.5 seconds
- Print method: HP Toner with ColorSphere technology: low melt for energy efficiency, higher gloss & gamut for a dynamic range of bright colors
- Device languages: HP PCL5c, PCL6 hybrid, PS 3
- Print speed: In pages per minute (ppm)*
Print Mode *Print speed Black Color Black draft Up to 21 ppm ISO Up to 14 ppm Up to 14 ppm
- Duty cycle: Up to 30,000 pages per month
- Scan resolution: Up to 1200 dpi
- Copy speed:
- Black: Up to 14 ppm
- Color: Up to 14 ppm
- First copy out / flatbed: 19 seconds (black), 19 seconds (color)
- First copy out / ADF: 22 seconds (black), 22 seconds (color)
- Digital image processing
- Maximum number of copies: 99
- Maximum copy enlargement: 400%
- Maximum copy reduction: 25%
- Walk-up black-and-white and color fax capability.
- Up to 120 speed dials.
- Up to 250-page memory.
- Manual fax send and receive.
- Distinctive Ring detection support
- PC Interface: Send from PC only
- Automatic busy redial support.
- Confirmation and activity reports.
- Error Correction Mode.
- 33.6 Kbps transmission.
- 3 seconds per page speed at 33.6 Kbps (based on ITU-T Test Image #1 at standard resolution). More complicated pages or higher resolution take longer and use more memory.
- Fax Resolution - Up to 203 x 196 dpi
- Ring detect with automatic fax/answering machine switching.
- Analog line - HP printers are designed specifically for use with traditional analog phone services.
- Digital Service Line / VOIP Service - HP does not guarantee that the printer will be compatible with all digital service lines or providers, in all digital environments, with VOIP, or with all digital-to-analog converters.
Driver only installs supported on the following:
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher)
- Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package)
- SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
- HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
NOTE:For Windows Server 2003 32-bit and 2008 32-bit and 64-bit only, the printer driver and scanner driver are installed.
- Via built-in networking solution: TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6
- Print: TCP-IP port 9100 Direct Mode, LPD (raw queue support only), Web Services Printing, IPP 2.0, Apple AirPrint™, HP ePrint, FTP Print
- Discovery: SLP, Bonjour, Web Services Discovery
- IP configuration: IPv4 (BootP, DHCP, AutoIP, Manual, TFTP Config, ARP-Ping), IPv6 (Stateless Link-Local and via Router, Statefull via DHCPv6)
- Management: SNMPv1/v2/v3, HTTP/HTTPs, Telnet, TFTP Config, FTP FW Download, Syslog
- Security: SNMPv3, SSL Cert Management, SSL/TLS-HTTPS, Firewall, ACL, 802.1x
- Embedded Web Server (ability to remotely configure and manage network printers)
- 802.11 b/g/n – 2.4 GHz networks (M276nw model)
- Power supply: Internal power supply
- Power requirements:
- Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); NA; 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
- Power consumption: 310 watts (Printing), 315 watts (Copying), 13 watts (Ready), 6.4 watts (Sleep), 0.2 watts (Off)
- Acoustic Power Emissions (Active copy or scan): 6.6 B(A)
- Acoustic Power Emissions: 6.1 (BA)
Review the following sections for environmental specifications.
- Allowed operating temperature: 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F)
- Recommended operating temperature: 17° to 25°C (62° to 77° F)
- Operating relative humidity: 10% to 80%
- Recommended relative humidity: 30% to 70%
This product is designed to reduce power consumption and save natural resources without compromising product performance. It has been designed to reduce total energy consumption both during operation and when the device is not active. This product qualifies for ENERGY STAR®, which is a voluntary program established to encourage the development of energy-efficient office products.
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered service mark of the U.S. EPA. As an ENERGY STAR partner, HP has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
For more information, go to the Energy Star Web site (in English).
This product generates no appreciable ozone gas (O3).
This product is suited for the use of recycled paper according to DIN 19309 and EN 12281:2002. Plastic parts over 25 grams (0.88 ounces) are marked according to international standards that enhance the ability to identify plastics for recycling purposes at the end of product life.
HP offers an increasing number of product return and recycling programs in many countries and regions, and partners with some of the largest electronic recycling centers throughout the world. HP conserves resources by reselling some of its most popular products. For more information about the recycling of HP products, go to www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/recycle/ (in English).
Regulatory model number
For regulatory identification purposes, the product is assigned a regulatory model number. The regulatory model number for M276n is BOISB-1104-02, and the regulatory model number for M276nw is BOISB-1104-03. This regulatory number should not be confused with the marketing names (HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276n and M276nw) or product number (CF146A / CF147A).
Exposure to radio frequency radiation
The radiated output power of this device is far below the FCC radio frequency exposure limits. Nevertheless, the device shall be used in such a manner that the potential for human contact during normal operation is minimized. This product and any attached external antenna, if supported, shall be placed in such a manner to minimize the potential for human contact during normal operation. In order to avoid the possibility of exceeding the FCC radio frequency exposure limits, human proximity to the antenna shall not be less than 20 cm (8 inches) during normal operation.