Setting Up the Printer Hardware for HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Series
This document is for the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer.
This document explains how to set up the physical parts of the printer. If you already set up the printer hardware, and need software installation help, see the Links to software installation instructions section at the end of this document.
This document includes the following steps to set up the printer:
- Check the contents of the box
- Unpack the printer
- Connect the power cord and turn on the power
- Select the language and location
- Adjust the control panel display
- Set the time and date
- Insert the cartridges
- Load paper
If you have not already set up the hardware, follow the steps in this document to do so first. But, if you have already installed the hardware and are just looking for the driver to download, click this link HP Software and Driver Downloads .
Setting up the All-in-One
Follow these steps in order. When you are finished, you can click the appropriate link at the end of this document if you need instructions to install the product software.
CAUTION:Do NOT connect the USB cable now. If you need a USB cable to connect the product to the computer, you will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
Step one: Check the contents of the box
The contents might vary by country/region. See the packaging for a list of items shipped in the box.
Step two: Unpack the All-in-One
Follow these steps to unpack the printer.
- Remove all tape and packing material from the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door, and then remove the tape from inside the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Step three: Connect the power cord and turn on the All-in-One
- Connect the cord attached to the power adapter to the rear of the printer, connect the power cord to the power adapter, and then plug the power cord into a wall outlet.
- Press the Power button () to turn on the printer.
Step four: Select your language and country/region
When you turn on the printer, it prompts you to select your language and region. Follow these steps to set the default language and country/region for your printer.
- Touch your desired language, and then touch Yes to confirm the language choice. The Set Country/Region menu displays.
- Touch your desired country/region, and then touch Yes to confirm the country/region choice.
Step five: Adjust the control panel display
You can adjust the control panel of your HP printer to the viewing angle that works best for you. Follow these steps to adjust your control panel display.
- Grasp the top of the control panel and pull it firmly forward. The control panel clicks into place at each available viewing angle.
- Choose the viewing angle that works best for you, and then touch OK.
- Touch Setup to continue setting up your printer.
Step six: Set the time and date
The printer prompts you to set the time and date. Follow these steps to set the time and date for your printer.
NOTE:If you need to return to the previous screen at any time, touch the Back icon ().
- The Set Time screen displays.
- Touch the Up Arrow () or the Down Arrow () to set the correct hour and minutes.
- Touch AM or PM.
- Touch OK to confirm the time that you set.
- Using the numbers on the control panel, touch the numbers for the current month, day, and four-digit year, and then touch OK.NOTE:The date format is MM/DD/YYYY. You must enter two digits for the month and day and four digits for the year. If you make a mistake, you can touch the backspace icon () in the upper right corner.
Step seven: Install the cartridges
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the access area.
- Remove the protective cap from the carriage.
- Pull the orange tab to remove the plastic wrap from a cartridge.
- Remove the orange cap from the cartridge. Twist the cap counter-clockwise until it snaps off.
- With the nozzle and the contacts facing down, push the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place. Make sure that the color icon on the cartridge label matches the color icon on the slot.
- Repeat these steps to insert the other cartridges.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- The printer checks the cartridges and verifies they are genuine HP cartridges. Touch OK.
Step eight: Load plain paper
Follow these steps to load paper into your printer, and then wait for the printer to perform an automatic alignment.
- Raise the photo tray.
- Slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.
- Load a stack of plain paper into the tray with the short edge facing toward the product and the print side down (if the paper has a print side). Push the stack into the tray until it stops.
- Slide the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Close the photo tray and the paper tray, pull the tray extender toward you, and then extend the paper catch until it is fully extended.
- Pull the tray extender toward you, and then extend the paper catch until it is fully extended.Your printer automatically performs an alignment. The alignment process ensures the best possible print quality from your HP printer.
- Touch OK when the printer completes the alignment.
Step nine: Select your network connection method
From the Setup Wireless Connection menu, touch one of the following methods to connect your HP printer to your wireless network.
|Setup Wireless via Software (recommended)||Setup Wireless via Printer||Connect Later|
|The printer control panel prompts you to insert the software CD into the computer. Follow the installation instructions on the computer.||The printer launches the Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the instructions on the printer control panel.||The printer exits the menu and displays advice for next steps on the printer control panel.|
NOTE:HP recommends that you connect your printer to a wireless network with Internet access.
Links to software installation instructions
After you complete the previous setup steps, you can install the printer software with the printer CD or by downloading the software from the HP Web site. For instructions, click the link for your connection type and your computer operating system.
Important: Do NOT connect the USB cable yet. You will be prompted to connect it at the correct time during software installation.
|Mac OS||OS X v10.10 Yosemite|
|OS X v10.9 Maverick|
|OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion|
|OS X v10.7 Lion|
|Mac OS X v10.6|
|Mac OS X up to v10.5|
|Install for a wireless network connection|
|Windows and Mac|