Update7: be2net Driver Fails to Initialize
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7( 2.6.18-274.12.1.el5 )
- Emulex OneConnect 10Gbps NIC
- be2net module 4.0.100r
- be2net driver version: 2.102.518rfirmware\-version: 2.101.374.0
Following message is observed in message file:
be2net 0000:10:00.0: Error in cmd completion - opcode 103, compl 2, extd 30df630040 be2net 0000:10:00.0: Error in cmd completion - opcode 90, compl 2, extd 300df630140 be2net 0000:10:00.0: Emulex OneConnect 10Gbps NIC initialization failed be2net: probe of 0000:10:00.0 failed with error -1
When ifup eth0 command is issued:
Device eth0 has different MAC address than expected, ignoring.
- Install kernel-2.6.18-308.el5.x86_64.rpm or newer. It looks a bug in 2.6.18-274.12.1.el5.NOTE:2.6.18-307.el5.x86_64.rpm will be shipped in RHEL 5.8 and its release date falls in Feb, 2012.
- Upgrade firmware of Emulex to 126.96.36.199 or newer.
For more details refer to the below Red Hat article:
NOTE: One or more of the links above will take you outside the Hewlett-Packard Web site. HP does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site.