Installing the HP Scan and Capture App in Windows 8
HP Scan and Capture is a simple application that captures images and documents from your network connected, HP multifunction printer or your Windows 8 computer's built-in camera. These images can be previewed, saved, printed, or shared to other applications.
NOTE:If you are not using the latest version of Windows 8, the information in this document might not match. You can get the latest version from the Microsoft Store.
Installing HP Scan and Capture
Follow these steps to install HP Scan and Capture:
- Turn on your Windows 8 computer.
- From the Start screen, click Store .
- Move the mouse cursor to the top right corner or bottom right corner of the screen. The Charms Bar opens.
- Click Search , and then type HP Scan and Capture in the search box.
- Click HP Scan and Capture , and then click Install .NOTE:You might be prompted to type your Microsoft account credentials (for a Hotmail, OneDrive, Xbox LIVE, or Windows Phone account). If you do not have an existing account, a link is provided to create a Microsoft account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the HP Scan and Capture app.