Setting Up and Using the T-Mobile Broadband Network (Windows 8)
This document pertains to HP ElitePad, HP Pavilion DM1-4000 Notebook and HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCs with the T-Mobile Broadband application.
Take the Internet with you wherever you travel using fast 4G connectivity operating on the T-Mobile network. The T-Mobile application includes free 4G mobile broadband service with up to 200 megabytes of data per month and no contract for as long as you own your computer. Enjoy access to all your online favorites in more places.
Setting up the T-Mobile Broadband Network in Windows 8
Use the following steps to set up your T-Mobile connection:
- Swipe from the right side of the screen or move the mouse cursor to the lower-right or upper-right corner of the screen to open the Charms bar. Select Settings.
- Select Network.If your computer is connected to a Wi-Fi network, select the connected network, and then click Disconnect.
- Under Mobile broadband, select T-Mobile, and click Connect.Internet Explorer opens to the T-Mobile activation portal.
- Click Go to my Mobile Internet account to open the create account screen.
- Click Create a New Account.
- Complete the information in the form to activate and register a T-Mobile account.
- Select Activation Only - No Additional Data, and then click Continue to activate your free 200MB monthly data.
- Review your information and click Submit.
- Select the Agree to Terms and Conditions button, and then select Submit to complete your account activation.Activation is complete. Close the browser and reconnect to T-Mobile to access the Internet.
When you’ve setup T-Mobile WWAN on the notebook, it automatically downloads and installs the official My T-Mobile Application. There you can check usage, messages, account information, and add more time or funds if needed.
If your connection is ever lost, reconnect by clicking Activate. It is not necessary to re-input anything as you are automatically redirected to your account.
Using the My T-Mobile Application
When your initial set up is complete, you can connect to the wireless network as follows:
- From the Welcome screen, click Connect.
- Click Sign up to start your T-Mobile account.
- Enter your login information and click Log in to continue.After logging in, you are automatically redirected to your T-Mobile Account status screen.
- Check the status of your account, current usage, and add funds to the account.
Changing your Internet network connection in Windows 8
You may want to change your Internet connection between Mobile broadband and Wi-Fi depending on your location. Follow these steps to change your network connection:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can the T-Mobile app be reinstalled?Yes, you can reinstall the T-Mobile App from the Microsoft Store. Search for T-Mobile and install the T-Mobile app.
- How can I find the phone number assigned to my account when I first setup the notebook?From the connection properties. In Windows 8, do the following steps to find the connection properties:Open the Charms menu and click Settings.Click Available Networks.Under the Mobile Broadband Section, right-click T-Mobile.Select View Connection Properties.
- When does the 200 megabyte per month limit reset?Every 30 day cycle.
- Can I add more data to my limit?Yes you can. You can add more time on the current cycle or purchase a monthly increase on your plan. Rates and options are available by choosing the Add Funds button in the My T-Mobile App or by visiting my.t-mobile.com .
- Can I merge the T-Mobile WWAN account setup on the notebook with my normal T-Mobile account?Yes, this can be done by calling a T-Mobile agent at 1- 800-937-8997.
- Do I have T-Mobile coverage in my area?Visit www.t-mobile.com for the latest information or visit a local T-Mobile location near you.
- Will I be notified before I reach my 200MB limit?If the My T-Mobile app is installed, you can be notified by viewing the live tile from the Start screen. If the live tile is not active or installed, then you are not notified and must check in the app.
- What if I am having issues with my T-Mobile account?If you are experiencing any notebook hardware or software issues, please contact HP Support and a technical representative will be glad to assist. If you are experiencing any issues related to your T-Mobile account please call 800-937-8997.
- Do I have to enter my credit card information to take advantage of the 200MB?No, you do not have to enter credit card information.