Setting Up and Using the T-Mobile Broadband Network
This document pertains to the HP dm1-4310nr and the Envy 14-k010us Notebook PCs with the T-Mobile Broadband application.
Take the Internet with you wherever you travel using fast 4G connectivity operating on the T-Mobile network. The T-Mobile application includes two years of free 4G mobile broadband service with up to 200 megabytes of data per month and no contract. Enjoy access to all your online favorites in more places.
Setting up the T-Mobile Broadband Network
Use the following steps to setup your T-Mobile connection:
- From the Start screen, open Charms and select Settings .
- Select T-Mobile .
- Internet Explorer opens to the T-Mobile Activation Portal.
- Click Activate to open the create account screen.
- Complete the information in the form to activate and register a T-Mobile account.A confirmation screen opens upon successfully creating the account.Your T-Mobile account is now activated and is ready to use.
When you’ve setup T-Mobile WWAN on the notebook, it automatically downloads and installs the official My T-Mobile Application. There you can check usage, messages, account information, and add more time or funds if needed.
If your connection is ever lost, reconnect by clicking Activate . It is not necessary to re-input anything as you are automatically redirected to your account.
Using the My T-Mobile Application
When your initial set up is complete, you can connect to the wireless network as follows:
- From the Welcome screen, click Connect .
- Click Sign up to start your T-Mobile account.
- Enter your login information and click Log in to continue.After logging in, you are automatically redirected to your T-Mobile Account status screen.
- Check the status of your account, current usage, and add funds to the account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can the T-Mobile app be reinstalled?Yes, you can reinstall the T-Mobile App from the Microsoft Store. Search for T-Mobile and install the T-Mobile app.
- How can I find the phone number assigned to my account when I first setup the notebook?From the connection properties. In Windows 8, do the following steps to find the connection properties:Open the Charms menu and click Settings .Click Available Networks .Under the Mobile Broadband Section, right-click T-Mobile .Select View Connection Properties .
- When does the 200 megabyte per month limit reset?Every 30 day cycle.
- Can I add more data to my limit?Yes you can. You can add more time on the current cycle or purchase a monthly increase on your plan. Rates and options are available by choosing the Add Funds button in the My T-Mobile App or by visiting my.t-mobile.com .
- Can I merge the T-Mobile WWAN account setup on the notebook with my normal T-Mobile account?Yes, this can be done by calling a T-Mobile agent at 1- 800-937-8997.
- Do I have T-Mobile coverage in my area?Visit www.t-mobile.com for the latest information or visit a local T-Mobile location near you.
- Will I be notified before I reach my 200MB limit?If the My T-Mobile app is installed, you can be notified by viewing the live tile from the Start screen. If the live tile is not active or installed, then you are not notified and must check in the app.
- What if I am having issues with my T-Mobile account?If you are experiencing any notebook hardware or software issues, please contact HP Support and a technical representative will be glad to assist. If you are experiencing any issues related to your T-Mobile account please call 800-937-8997.
- Do I have to enter my credit card information to take advantage of the 200MB?No, you do not have to enter credit card information.