What are the Enrollment Requirements for HP Instant Ink?
This document provides information about the enrollment requirements for the HP Instant Ink service.
To enroll in HP Instant Ink you need:
- An eligible HP printer (to see a list of eligible printers, go to hpinstantink.com and scroll down to the section titled 'What do you need to enroll? ')
- Your printer must have a wireless connection to the Internet
- A valid email address
- A valid credit card or debit card (for billing purposes)
HP Instant Ink is currently available in the United States and the United Kingdom. We are planning on expanding—so keep checking back for updates on when HP Instant Ink will be available in other countries.
Yes. There is no obligation or commitment beyond your first month. You may cancel your service or change plans at any time without penalty by adjusting your account settings in your online account dashboard. Cancellation or plan changes are effective as of the last day of the current billing period. For details, go to HP Instant Ink Terms of Service .
- Go to hpinstantink.com .
- Sign in, if you have not already signed in.
- Click Settings , and then click the Edit button next to HP Instant Ink Plan .
- Click Cancel Enrollment .
- Read the following information carefully.
- There will be no pro-rated reimbursement for the remainder of your billing period.
- Your service will continue until the end of your current billing period.
- HP Instant Ink cartridges will no longer work after the end of your current billing period, and you are required to return them to HP.
- If there are any charges for additional printing, your credit card will be charged. Depending on when you cancel, the charge will appear the following month.
- Click Cancel Service to confirm your cancellation request.
An American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit or debit card is required for your automatic monthly payment. Currently, HP accepts only credit and debit cards. In order to maintain your HP Instant Ink service, a valid credit card must be on file.
HP Instant Ink is an HP Connected service. HP Connected helps you manage your web-connected printer and hosts your HP Instant Ink account. You must sign in to HP Connected to access your HP Instant Ink account dashboard.
HP only knows when to send HP Instant Ink replacement cartridges when your printer is connected to the Internet. A daily connection between your printer and the Internet is not required, but HP recommends that you allow your printer to remain connected as often as possible. After your printer has been disconnected for a few days, you will receive reminders to connect. If you fail to connect, eventually your HP Instant Ink cartridges will stop printing.
HP Connected requires that Web Services be enabled on your printer. When you enable Web Services on your printer, an information sheet prints. You need to reference the printer claim code on this sheet to add your printer to your HP Connected account, which is a required step in the HP Instant Ink registration process. Click here for more information about the web services information sheet and the printer claim code .