This document pertains to HP Notebook PCs with Windows Vista.
Identifying the QuickPlay problem after System Recovery
On some models of notebook, QuickPlay may not be available after performing the recovery process using the HP recovery media. If the recovery process is performed using customer-created recovery discs, this problem will not occur.
To resolve this problem, use Recovery Manager to reinstall QuickPlay, and then update to the current version of QuickPlay.
Reinstall QuickPlay using Recovery Manager
Reinstall QuickPlay by following the directions below.
- Upon completion of the recovery process, click Start > Recovery Manager > Recovery Manager .
- Click Continue to grant permission, if prompted.
- Click Next .
- Select Yes , click Next and then click Next at the Welcome screen.
- Select HP QuickPlay/DVD Play and then click Next . The notebook PC will reinstall the selected application.
- Click Finish . The computer will automatically reboot.
Once the computer has restarted, start QuickPlay to verify that the application has been reinstalled correctly.
Update to current version of QuickPlay
After you have installed the default version of QuickPlay, or if you experience playback errors, such as video or sound problems, you need to update your QuickPlay software. To do so, use the update function in Quickplay by following the steps below.
- Click Start , type quickplay in the search field, and then select QuickPlay from the list.
- In QuickPlay, double-click the Update icon. The Updates and Enhancements window opens.
- Double-click Get the latest QuickPlay updates .
- Select Download now! and follow the on-screen instructions.
Now that you have downloaded and installed the updates, your computer has the latest version of QuickPlay available. Try using QuickPlay again to confirm that your playback issues have been resolved.