This document provides steps on how to configure SoftPerfect Personal Firewall 1.4.1 to allow a connection with the HP product.
Configuring SoftPerfect Personal Firewall software
- Right-click on the SoftPerfect suite icon ( ) in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.The SoftPerfect Personal Firewall main window displays.
- In the left pane, click Rules , and then click the Add button.The Add Firewall Rule window displays.
- On the General tab, name the rule. For example, you could name the rule HP Printer .
- Click the Source tab, and then select Whole IP Range .
- In the From field, enter 192.168.0.0 .
- In the To field, enter 192.168.255.255 .NOTE:Some home routers use a different IP address format that the one in these instructions. Other less common formats are 10.0.0.0 through 10.255.255.255 and 172.16.0.0 through 172.16.255.255. See your router documentation for the format your router uses.
- Click the Destination tab, and then select Any IP Address .
- Click OK .The new rule displays in the list.
- Close the SoftPerfect Personal Firewall window.
If you see firewall alerts while installing the product software or connecting your product to your network, click Allow so that the software successfully installs or connects.Your product is now able to be found over your network connection.
- If the product software is not installed, install it now.
- If you installed your product software earlier, double-click the product shortcut on your Desktop to connect the printer.