Configuring CA Internet Security Plus 2010 for Compatibility with Network Products
This document provides steps to configure CA Internet Security Plus 2010 to allow a connection with the product.
NOTE:This procedure might reduce the security provided by your firewall.
Follow these steps to configure CA Internet Security Plus 2010.
Step one: Configure CA Internet Security Plus 2010
NOTE:Perform these steps before you install any HP software. When you install any HP software, click Allow on any pop up windows that appear to allow all processes.
- Click on the CA icon ( ) in the taskbar, or click the shortcut on your desktop to open the CA Internet Security Plus 2010 window.
- Click the MY INTERNET index card to display it in the foreground, and then click Update Settings . The Settings window displays with the heading Keep My Internet Safe .
- Click the Settings tab, click the button next to Home Network , and then click Advanced Settings .A new window displays the Advanced Home Network Protection options.
- Use the small scroll bar to scroll down until you can see the heading Lower Priority Security Settings .
- Click inside the check box next to Block incoming UDP ports to uncheck it, and then click Apply .
- This concludes the configuration procedure. Click the X in the upper right corner of the CA Internet Security Plus 2010 window to close it.
Step two: Restart your computer
You must restart your computer in order for your changes to take effect.