Configuring ESET Smart Security 4.0 for Compatibility with Network Products
This document provides steps to configure ESET Smart Security 4.0 to allow a connection with the HP product. You can perform these steps before or after installing the HP software.
NOTE:These procedures might reduce the security provided by your firewall.
Solution: Configure the firewall to be compatible with the HP product
Follow these steps to set change the ESET Smart Security 4.0 firewall to be compatible with the HP product.
- Double-click the ESET Smart Security 4.0 icon () in the taskbar, or click the shortcut on your desktop to open the ESET Smart Security 4.0 window.
- In the left panel, click Setup.
- Click Toggle Advanced mode. The Toggle Advanced mode window opens.
- Click Yes. The Setup window opens.
- Click Personal firewall.
- At the bottom of the window, click Advanced Personal firewall setup. The Setup window opens.
- From the Filtering mode drop-down list, click Learning mode, and then click OK. The main ESET window opens.
- In the main window, click Advanced Personal firewall setup. The Setup screen opens.
- In the Zone and rule editor section, click Setup. The Zone and rule setup window opens.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to Rules with no application assigned to expand the list.
- Click Block outgoing Web Services Directory (WSD) requests to highlight it, and then right-click the entry to expand the list.
- Click Disable.
- Click OK to close the Zone and rule setup window.You might also have to click Apply (if your operating system is a 32-bit version).
- Close the main ESET window.