The HP printer fails to install or function over a network with Agnitum Outpost Security Suite running. An error message might display on the computer or the printer indicating that there is a problem with the setup, connection, communication, or other product function.
Follow these steps to change your network profile to 'Trusted' in the Agnitum Outpost Security Suite software.
- Click the Agnitum Outpost Free icon in the task bar or the shortcut on the Desktop.
- Click Firewall .
- Click LAN Settings .
- Click to place a check mark in the Trusted field next to the network you intend to use for your HP printer.
- Click Apply .The printer is now compatible over the network connection and all printer functions will work.
Step one: Download the automated tool
NOTE:The HP Print and Scan Doctor might not be available for all HP products, particularly older products. It is available for most products, however, and in most languages. This tool is available only for Windows operating systems. The tool is not available for Mac OS X operating systems.
- Click the following link to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Link to tool File size HP Print and Scan Doctor 3.5 MB
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements, and then click Download .
- When the Security Warning dialog box opens, choose one of the following methods to download the utility.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Run .
- When the Download Complete dialog box opens, click Run , and then click Run again on the Security Warning dialog box.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Save .
- When the Save As window opens, browse to your Desktop, and then click Save .
- When the download is complete, browse to where you saved the file, and then double-click the file to run the utility.
- The Print and Scan Doctor opens, searches for installed printers, and then displays the list.
Step two: Run the automated tool
|IMPORTANT : The HP Print and Scan Doctor helps resolve many of the most common printer networking issues. Please note, however, that this is a troubleshooting tool only and is not designed to resolve all networking issues.|
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- From the Product column in the Print and Scan Doctor, select your printer, and then click Next .If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and back on, and then click Retry . If your printer is still not in the list, click Connect .
- The Print and Scan Doctor checks the printer's network connection.
- If the tool finds your printer and it is connected, you can select Fix Printing or Fix Scanning to resolve any other issues.
- If the tool cannot find your printer or says that it is disconnected, continue to the next step.
- When prompted, select the method that you want to use to connect your printer to the network.The tool provides helpful information you might need to set up your networked printer, including network security information and the computer's current network information.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot any network issues and connect your printer to the network.