The HP Printer Fails to Install or Function on a Network with Agnitum Outpost Security Suite
The HP printer fails to install or function over a network with Agnitum Outpost Security Suite running. An error message might display on the computer or the printer indicating that there is a problem with the setup, connection, communication, or other product function.
Follow these steps to change your network profile to 'Trusted' in the Agnitum Outpost Security Suite software.
- Click the Agnitum Outpost Free icon in the task bar or the shortcut on the Desktop.
- Click Firewall .
- Click LAN Settings .
- Click to place a check mark in the Trusted field next to the network you intend to use for your HP printer.
- Click Apply .The printer is now compatible over the network connection and all printer functions will work.
Step one: Download the automated tool
NOTE:The HP Print and Scan Doctor is available for most HP products, and it is available in most languages. However, it might not be available for older HP product models.This tool is not available for Mac OS X operating systems.
- Click the following link to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Link to tool File size HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.9 MB
- Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer.
- Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Step two: Run the automated tool
|IMPORTANT : The HP Print and Scan Doctor helps resolve many of the most common printer networking issues. Please note, however, that this is a troubleshooting tool only and is not designed to resolve all networking issues.|
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- From the Product column in the Print and Scan Doctor, select your printer, and then click Next .If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and back on, and then click Retry . If your printer is still not in the list, click Connect .
- The Print and Scan Doctor checks the printer's network connection.
- If the tool finds your printer and it is connected, you can select Fix Printing or Fix Scanning to resolve any other issues.
- If the tool cannot find your printer or says that it is disconnected, continue to the next step.
- When prompted, select the method that you want to use to connect your printer to the network.The tool provides helpful information you might need to set up your networked printer, including network security information and the computer's current network information.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot any network issues and connect your printer to the network.