How to Use the HP AiO Remote App for Windows 8
This document pertains to the HP AiO Remote for Windows 8 app and HP printers.
The HP AiO Remote for Windows 8 app allows you to connect to your printer and check the printer status, whether you are in the same room or connecting to your printer wirelessly. Use the HP AiO Remote app to access the following useful information.
- Check the current status of the printer, including connection status, supply levels, and error states
- Connect to other HP printers on your network and view instructions for installing and uninstalling printers
- Access HP support and order supplies
How to use the HP AiO Remote app
Review the functions of each tile on the app to learn how to use the features of HP AiO Remote app.
NOTE:The available tiles on your screen might vary from the tiles described, based on your printer model and your Windows 8 operating system version. Some of the features of the app might not be available in older versions. You can update the app online from the Microsoft Store.
Choose a different printer (Optional)
Click on the app to open, and then right-click on screen to show the top and bottom action windows. Click Find a printer from the bottom window to find available printers, or click Add from the top window to add a printer listed.
- Installed : Shows the printers on your network that have software installed
- Recent : Shows the printers that you have recently used with this app
- All : Shows all the printers on your network, including the ones that you have used recently in any location
The green checkmark ( ) or the red X ( ) next to each printer description indicate if the printer is available. If you right-click and hold on a printer, instructions on how to add, install, and uninstall a printer display at the bottom of the screen.
Use the Printer Information tile
The following information and options are accessible in the Pinter Information tile.
- Printer status:
- If the printer is in 'ready' mode, a green checkmark displays.
- Get printer information : Click the information ( ) icon to view the printer's IP address, installation status, and network status.
- Order Supplies : Click Order Supplies to purchase supplies for your printer directly from the HP SureSupply website.
Use the Controls tile
The available options in this tile are based on your printer model and your Windows 8 operating system version.
- Print Photos : Print photos from the default Pictures Library or browse to find other photo files.
- Print Documents : Find and print documents that are located in the Documents folder.
- Scan : Scan with the HP Scan and Capture app.
- HP PageLift : This application automatically trims, correctly lights, and orients a captured image so that is it ready to use or share without manual editing.
Use the Toolbox tiles
The available tiles in the Toolbox section are based on your printer model and your Windows 8 operating system version. Scroll to the right to see all available tiles.
- Reports : Use this tile to print reports, such as the printer’s Wireless Test Report and Print Quality Report.
- See what's printing : See a list of print jobs.
- Set Preferences : Set preferences for the printer from this tile.
- Maintenance : Perform maintenance actions on the printer.
Use the Services tiles
Use the following tiles for HP services. Scroll to the right to see all available tiles.
- Printer Registration : Use this tile to register your printer on the HP website. Registering your printer allows for personalized communication about printer updates, services, support, and promotional offers.
- Support : Access online HP support, where you can search for information about your printer, including printer specifications, installation instructions, and troubleshooting information.
Use the Resources tiles
The available tiles in the Resources section are based on your printer model and your Windows 8 operating system version. Scroll to the right to see all available tiles.
- HP Scan and Capture : Use this tile to access the HP Scan and Capture app. HP Scan and Capture is a simple application that captures images and documents from your network-connected, HP multifunction printer or your Windows 8 computer's built-in camera. These images can be previewed, saved, printed, or shared to other applications.NOTE:This app is not available for all printers. To see if your printer supports HP Scan and Capture, go to Supported Printers for the HP Scan and Capture App . If you have not installed the app, when you open the title, a prompt to download the app from the Microsoft Store displays.
- Get HP Full-Featured Software : Use this tile to access the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows on the HP website. The Printer Install Wizard helps you download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software for your printer. Simply run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.NOTE:The Printer Install Wizard might not be available, based on your printer model and operating system. It is available only for Windows 7 and Windows 8. For more information about installing software for your printer, click the Get online product support tile and search for Support & Drivers .
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the HP AiO Remote app
Review the following for more information about the app.
- Your computer must be connected to an HP printer that supports the HP AiO Remote app.
- You must have access to the Internet.
- You need to have a Microsoft account in order to access the Microsoft Store. You can install the app for free from the Microsoft Store.
There are two methods for installing the app.
- Method one: Automatic download and installWhen you set up and connect your printer, the HP AiO Remote app is automatically downloaded and installed from the Microsoft Store.
- Method two: Manual download and installIf the app does not automatically download, go to the Microsoft Store, search for 'HP AiO Remote,' and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Follow these steps to uninstall the app.
- On the Apps screen, right-click and hold the HP AiO Remote app.
- Click the Uninstall option that displays at the bottom of the screen.
Yes, you can use this app with a USB connection. However, the HP Scan and Capture feature does not work with a USB connection.
You might not be able to print to your HP printer for one of the following reasons.
- The printer software might not be installed. To install the print driver, enable Windows Update or click the Get HP full-featured software tile to download and install the drivers.
- The printer might be offline. The app can display an offline status for the following reasons:
- Poor network connection: The network connection between the printer and the app is poor, and the app is unable to accurately obtain the printer status. Move the printer and computer (or mobile device) closer to the wireless router. Try printing even if the app continues to display "offline." Sometimes the app is checking the printer status and might display "offline" when it is actually "ready."
- No network connection: The printer is no longer connected to the network, or is not connected to the same network as the computer or mobile device. Make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as the computer or mobile device.
- Sleep mode or Power Saving mode: The printer is in sleep mode or in power saving mode. Touch the printer control panel or press a button on the printer control panel to wake the printer, and then try printing even if the app continues to display "offline." Sometimes the app is checking the printer status and might display "offline" when it is actually "ready."
- Printer is off: The printer is off. Some printers offer a feature to schedule a time to automatically turn off the printer. Make sure that the printer is turned on and in a ready state, and then try printing even if the app continues to display "offline." Sometimes the app is checking the printer status and might display "offline" when it is actually "ready."
- Sharing might be turned off. HP recommends that you turn on sharing. Follow these steps to enable sharing on your network.
- Right-click and hold the bottom left corner of the screen, click Search , and then click Settings .
- Click the network icon.
- Right-click and hold your network, and then click Turn sharing on .
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Spanish (International/Mid-Atlantic)