The message Invalid card data appears when the calculator is not able to properly read data on the plug-in card. The card may not be correctly installed, or it may not be initialized. This document describes how to resolve this.
Calculator Symbol Key
Step One: Verify the plug-in card is inserted correctly
If the card is not correctly installed, the Invalid card data message will appear. Verify the plug-in card is inserted correctly.
- If not, remove the card and reinsert it into the card slot.
- Make sure the card is lined up properly with the card slot opening.
Step Two: RAM card or port not initialized
If the message appeared after a new RAM card was installed or when a RAM card contains ports that have not been used:
- The message may be disregarded. Ports will be initialized automatically the first time they are used.
- To eliminate the message follow these steps:
- Press LS , LIBRARY , NXT , then the PINIT soft menu key to initialize all available RAM ports. (The PINIT command will not affect data currently stored in any port.)
Step Three: If the problem persists
If the problem persists, with the card correctly inserted and initialized, remove the batteries and allow the unit to sit for 48 hours. After 48 hours, replace the batteries.