How to Change Inkjet Print Cartridges
This document tells you how to change the Inkjet print cartridges in your HP DeskJet printer. The HP DeskJet 420C or 200Cci printer takes any one of the following Inkjet print cartridges at a time:
|Print Cartridge||Part Number|
|Tri-Color (supplied with printer)||51625A|
|Large Black (optional)||51626A|
See your local HP dealer or office supply store to purchase replacement Inkjet print cartridges.
CAUTION: The ink in the Inkjet print cartridge has been carefully formulated by HP to ensure superior print quality and compatibility with your printer. Damage to the printer or the Inkjet print cartridge resulting from modifying or refilling the Inkjet print cartridge is not the responsibility of HP.
- Open the printer door.
- Press the Change Cartridge button to move the print cartridge cradle (holder) to the middle position.
- Remove the Inkjet print cartridge by pulling its green top.
- Remove the new Inkjet print cartridge from its box.
- Gently remove the tape(s) covering the ink nozzles. Be careful not to touch the ink nozzles or the copper contacts.
- Insert the Inkjet print cartridge into the holder at an angle such that the green top is tilted toward you. The arrow on the top of the Inkjet print cartridge should be pointing toward the inside of the printer.
- Push the green top in until the Inkjet print cartridge snaps into place.
- Close the printer door.
- Press the Change Cartridge button.NOTE: If you did not install a recommended Inkjet print cartridge, the print cartridge cradle moves back to the loading position, and the Change Cartridge light continues to blink.
Related support links
HP Support forums
Get answers on HP’s peer to peer support forum