Compaq Presario CQ5810 Desktop PC support
Using System File Checker to Restore System Files
This document pertains to HP and Compaq PCs with Windows 98, Me, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
System File Checker scans protected system files and checks the versions to make sure that all Windows files are where they should be and that they are not corrupt. If System File Checker finds a protected file has been damaged or overwritten, it replaces it with the correct file.
Using System File Checker in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
Use the following instructions to restore system files in Windows 7 or Windows Vista using System File Checker:
- Click Start . In the Search box, type Command Prompt .
- Right-click Command Prompt , and then click Run as administrator .If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow .
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and then press Enter
:sfc /scannowSystem File Checker scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct versions.
Using System File Checker in Windows XP
Use the following instructions to use System File Checker to restore system files in Windows XP.
- Click Start , and then click Run .
- In the Open
field, type the following:sfc /scannowThen press Enter , or click OK .System File Checker scans and restore system files.NOTE: If your computer has Media Center 2005, a message might display stating Insert Your Windows XP Profession CD2 Now . Click Cancel to continue. This message might display several times and does not affect the repair of standard files that came with your PC.
Using System File Checker in Windows 98/Me
Use the following instructions to extract and restore cab files in Windows 98 and Me using System File Checker.
- Click Start . Point to Programs , Accessories , System tools , and then click System Information .
- Select Tools and then click System file checker .
- Select extract one file from installation disk .
- Type the full path and file name of the file into the field: C:\windows\options\cabs\xxxx.xxx
- Click Start . In the Restore from box , type the following: C:\windows\options\cabs\
- In the Save in field, type: C:\windows\system
- Click OK . The file is extracted.
- If the file cannot be found, select the option to Show all files . Complete the following steps to view all files:
- From any open folder window, click View, and then click Folder Options .
- Click the View tab and scroll through Advanced Settings . Then click the Hidden Files folder .
- Click Show all files , and then click OK .