HP 200Lx Palmtop PC support
No Response When Pressing the Power Button
The unit does not respond when the power button is pressed.
- Replace the CR2032 backup battery and press the POWER button. The backup battery should be replaced at least every six months; sooner, if the device is operated with low main batteries. If the unit turns on, skip the remaining steps.
- Attach the device to AC power and press the POWER button. If the unit turns on, replace the main batteries and skip the remaining steps.
- Perform a soft reset on the unit while it is attached to AC power. If it turns on after the soft reset, skip the remaining steps.
- If the previous steps did not resolve the issue, perform a hard reset .CAUTION: Performing a hard-reset erases all user-entered information from the device.
- If the unit still will not turn on, contact HP Customer Care to have it sent in for repair.