A message stating The file HPSJRREG.EXE could not be found displays when installing the HP Precisionscan Pro using the downloaded version.
Step one: Download the HP Precisionscan Pro software
- Click here to download the HP Precisionscan Pro software. Then select Microsoft Windows XP for the operating system.
- From the download page, select Save this program to disk , then click OK . A Save aswindow will appear.
- Specify the location on the computer system where the file will be downloaded (or accept the default) and click Save . A downloading window will appear. The file is saved as sj673en.exe if downloaded in American English.
Step two: Extract and install the HP Precisionscan Pro software
- Click Start , All Programs , Accessories , then Windows Explorer . The Windows Explorer window will open.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the folder the file sj673en.exe was saved in, then double-click the file. The file will extract itself into the folder C:\sj673 and then automatically start the setup program.
- Follow the screen prompts to install the HP Precisionscan Pro software.
Step three: Install the scanner drivers with the Found New Hardware Wizard
- With the power cord disconnected from the scanner, connect the scanner to the USB port on the computer system, then plug the scanner’s power cord into an electrical outlet.CAUTION: Never plug the scanner’s USB cable into the USB port on the computer when the scanner is plugged into an electrical outlet. Doing so may damage the scanner.
- The Found New Hardware Wizard will display. Click Next . The New Hardware Found Wizard will search for the software to install.
- A Hardware Installation window will display with a Windows Logo testing warning. Click Continue Anyway . The Found New Hardware Wizard will automatically set a restore point and backup old files. This may take several seconds to complete.
- The Found New Hardware Wizard will begin installing the drivers for the scanner.
- A Files Needed window will display stating the file hpsjrreg.exe is needed. Click Browse . The Locate File window will open.
- The Locate Filewindow will open with system32 in the Look in: field and hpsjrreg .exe in the Filename field. Using the scroll bar, scroll to the right and click the file hpsjrreg.exe to highlight it, then click Open . If the Locate files window does not open to the System 32 folder, use the downarrow in the Look in box and browse to it. The path is C:\Windows\System32.
- The file, hpsjrreg.exe, will install. When all the necessary files have been installed, the Completing the Found New Hardware Wizard will display. Click Finish . All open windows will close.
- Press the GREEN button on the front of the scanner to start the HP Precisionscan Pro software and begin scanning.