HP Officejet 6110 All-in-One Printer support
Resolving Slow Printing or Copying
The all-in-one starts printing immediately when a document is printed or copied but prints very slowly, even when Fast mode is selected. The information in this document applies to the following all-in-one products:
- HP PSC 2170 series
- HP PSC 2200 series
- HP Officejet 6100 series
NOTE: This document does not cover problems that can occur in Windows 98 and Me where the all-in-one prints correctly after the computer is started but printing tasks sent later do not begin printing immediately or print after a long time has passed. For a solution to this problem, see HP document Microsoft® Windows 98 and Me: Printing Does not Begin When the Print Icon is Clicked (bpu00731) .
Resolving the problem
HP has created a firmware update that will correct this and other problems. The specific problem corrected by the firmware update will be listed on the download page.
NOTE: Before installing the patch, the all-in-one software must be installed and the all-in-one must be connected, turned on and ready for another task.
Follow the steps below to download and install the patch:
- Use the Support and Drivers Web page to locate the driver download Web page for your all-in-one.
- Select your Windows version from the listed versions.
- On the driver download page for your Windows version, locate the Firmware section and click the listed Firmware update.
- Review the information on the Firmware Update Web page and then select the option to download the file.
- Click Save to save the file to the computer.
- A Save As window will appear. Select Desktop in the Save in box, and then click Save .
- After the download is complete, close any running programs and verify that the all-in-one is connected to the computer and the power is turned on.
- Double-click the downloaded file on the Windows Desktop to install the update.