HP PSC 1210 All-in-One Printer support
Replacing the Print Cartridges for the HP PSC 1100 and 1200 Series All-in-One
Which ink cartridges do the HP PSC 1200 all-in-one series products use and how do I replace them?
Review the information below.
Supported HP ink cartridge part numbers
The HP PSC 1200 all-in-one series products use the ink cartridges listed in the table below.
|Ink cartridges||Part number|
|HP 56 black ink cartridge (19 ml)||C6656A|
|HP 57 tri-color ink cartridge (17 ml)||C6657A|
|HP 27 low capacity black print cartridge (10 ml)||C8727A|
|HP 28 low capacity tri-color print cartridge (8 ml)||C8728A|
Replacing the ink cartridges
The power must be turned on to the all-in-one or the print carriage will not come to the center.
- Press down gently on the top of the old ink cartridge to release it from the print carriage.
- Holding the ink cartridge with the printed label up, slide the cartridges one at a time into the print carriage and press them into position as shown in Figure 3. If the cartridge does not snap easily into position, it is not aligned correctly. Remove the cartridge and reposition it. Do not try to force the cartridge into position. The black ink cartridge (HP 56 or HP 27) goes on the right side and the color cartridge (HP 57 or HP 28) goes on the left side. Close the ink cartridge access door when the ink cartridge has been installed.Figure 3: Installing the ink cartridges
- An alignment page will print after about a minute. Place the alignment page on the scanner glass in the lower-left corner, and then press the Scan button as shown in Figure 4 to finish aligning the cartridges. Remove the page from the scanner glass when complete.Figure 4: Aligning the ink cartridges
Correcting error messages that appear after changing a cartridge
After inserting the cartridge, the Check Print Cartridge light flashes or one of the following messages appears on the computer monitor:
- Check the black (or color) cartridge
- Replace the black (or color) cartridge
- The wrong black (or color) cartridge is installed
These messages indicate that the ink cartridge is not making good electrical contact, is bad, or is the wrong cartridge. Complete the following steps to diagnose and correct the condition:
- Open the front of the unit to access the print cartridges (as shown in Figure 1).
- Remove the ink cartridge and inspect it.
- Verify that it is the correct part number and if it is, reinsert it.
- Close the lid to see if the problem is corrected.
- If the message is still displayed after a few seconds, remove the ink cartridge again.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the unit.
- Allow the ink cartridge to dry for a few minutes before reinserting the cartridge(s) and turning on the printer.
- If the problem remains, replace the ink cartridge.
- If the problem still exists after trying all of the steps above, the unit might need to be serviced. Contact HP to arrange to have the unit serviced.
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP All-in-One Products -- The HP PSC 1100, 1200, or Officejet 4100 Series All-in-One Is Not Printing Correctly