HP PSC 2410 Photosmart All-in-One Printer support
Replacing the Print Cartridges
Review the information below to learn which print cartridges the all-in-one uses and how to replace them. If you do not know which print cartridges your all-in-one uses, refer to the Selecting the correct print cartridges section below.
NOTE:The all-in-one must be turned on to replace the print cartridges. The unit caps the print cartridges while they are not in use to prevent them from drying out. The capping station must lower or the print cartridges cannot be inserted or removed.
Replace print cartridges that show any of the following symptoms:
- Print is faded, is missing, or has missing streaks.
- Printed colors are different than expected. This usually occurs when one or more ink colors are empty.
- Print cartridge error messages that cannot be resolved appear on the front panel display.
Removing the print cartridges
Follow the steps below to remove the print cartridges:
- Verify that the all-in-one is turned on. The green LED next to the On button should be lit and information should appear in the display. The print cartridges will be locked in place if the all-in-one is not on.If the all-in-one cannot be turned on by pressing the On button, verify that the power cable is securely inserted in the back of the all-in-one from the external power supply, and that the power cord is attached to the power supply and plugged into a wall electrical outlet.
- Lift the front of the all-in-one just above the paper output tray as is shown below. The print cartridge capping station will lower to allow access to the print cartridges.
- Gently pull out on the front of the latch of the print cartridge to release it. The latch is spring loaded and will spring upwards. Slowly raise the latch instead of letting it spring open.
- Remove the print cartridge by sliding it out of its socket, moving it toward the front of the all-in-one. Do not try to pull it in an upwards direction.If you cannot slide the print cartridge out, verify that the latch is raised, and the all-in-one is powered on. If you still cannot remove the cartridge, too much time may have passed since it was opened and the capping station may have raised again. Close the all-in-one, wait five seconds, and then open it again to lower the capping station.
Reinstalling the print cartridges
Follow the steps below to install a new print cartridge:
- If you did not remove the print cartridge, verify that the all-in-one is turned on. Click here for more information about checking the power .
- Remove the new print cartridge from the package and remove the protective tape over the ink nozzles. Do not touch the electrical contacts or ink nozzle area to avoid depositing skin oils.
- Place the print cartridge into the space in front of the print carriage as is shown below. The edges on the top of the print cartridge should be lined up with the slots in the print carriage (callout 1 in the image below).The black cartridge (56) is inserted on the right side (gray latch) and the tri-color cartridge (57) is inserted on the left side (blue latch). For six-ink photo printing, insert the photo cartridge (58) instead of the black one on the right side.If the cartridge will not line up with the slots, the print cartridge capping station is probably not in the lowered position because the power is not on or because too much time has passed since the all-in-one was opened. Verify that the power is on. If the power is on, close the all-in-one, wait five seconds, and then open it again.
- Carefully slide the cartridge into the carriage with your thumb as is shown below. Press the cartridge all the way in until it stops.If you cannot slide the cartridge in, verify that the lip on the top of the print cartridge is lined up with the slots in the print carriage. Also verify that you are inserting the correct print cartridge for that slot by comparing the numbers printed on the cartridge latch with the number printed on the top of the cartridge.
- Press down on the latch until it stops. Make sure that both sides of the latch catches are snapped in place below the lip in the print carriage.
- Close the all-in-one.If the print cartridge inserted was new, a message will appear on the front panel to align the cartridges. Press OK to print the cartridge alignment page.If a print cartridge error message appears when the all-in-one is closed, refer to document Cleaning the Contacts (c00048605) to correct the problem.NOTE:The print cartridge alignment will fail if any of the colors or black are missing.
Additional print cartridge information
Selecting the correct print cartridges
The all-in-one uses the print cartridges listed in the table below.
|Print cartridge number||HP part number|
|HP 56 black print cartridge (19 ml)1||C6656A|
|HP 57 tri-color print cartridge (17 ml)||C6657A|
|HP 58 tri-color photo print cartridge (17 ml)2||C6658A|
Other solutions customers found helpful
-- Checking Ink Levels for HP PSC 2200 Photosmart, and HP PSC 2400 and 2500 Photosmart All-in-One Printer Series
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum