HP PSC 1350 All-in-One Printer support
Replacing the Inkjet Print Cartridges
Checking the ink levels
A message will appear on the front panel display when the ink level for the print cartridge is low. The ink levels can also be checked through the HP Director on the computer.
Checking the ink levels on a Windows computer
- From the HP Director, click Settings, Print Settings, and then click Printer Toolbox.
- Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab.The estimated ink levels appear for the print cartridges.
Checking the ink levels on a Macintosh computer
- From the HP Director, click Settings, then click Maintain Printer.
- If the Select Printer dialog box opens, select the HP PSC, and then click Utilities.
- From the list, select Ink Level.The estimated ink levels appear for the print cartridges.
Replacing the print cartridges
- Turn on the HP PSC and lower the print-carriage access door.
- After the carriage stops moving, push down on the top of the print cartridge to release it, and then pull it toward you out of the slot.NOTE:The black cartridge is on the right side of the print carriage.Figure 2: Removing the print cartridgeNOTE:It is normal to see ink buildup in the print cartridge slots.
- Remove the new print cartridge from the packaging and gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.CAUTION:Do not touch the copper contacts or ink nozzles. Install the cartridge immediately upon removing the tape to prevent ink from drying in the nozzles.Figure 3: Removing the plastic tape
- Close the print-carriage access door.
Using a photo print cartridge
To use the photo print cartridge, remove the black print cartridge and insert the photo print cartridge in its place.
The photo print cartridge can be purchased separately and will optimize the quality of printed photos.
With the tri-color print cartridge and photo print cartridge installed, you have a six-ink system, which provides enhanced quality photos. For printing regular text documents, use the black print cartridge.
Aligning the print cartridges
After installing or replacing a print cartridge, the HP PSC will automatically print a cartridge alignment page.
- Place the alignment page face down on the left front corner of the glass with the top of the page facing the left side.
- Press Scan.The HP PSC will align the print cartridges. During the alignment the button LED will blink until the alignment is complete.
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP Multi-Function Printers -- The Driver for Your Product Is Included in the Windows Vista Operating System