Resolving "Error 1606. Could not Access Network Location
When installing the printer drivers on a Microsoft Windows XP computer, the following error message appear on the screen: "Error 1606. Could not access network location <Common Administrative Tools>.All users\."
This error can occur if there is an incorrect setting in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Common Administrative Tools registry entry.
Correct the setting by following the steps below:
CAUTION:Carefully follow the steps outlined below, as inaccurate registry modifications can seriously affect the functionality of the computer. Back up your registry before continuing.
- Click Start , then Run .
- In the Open box, type regedit , then click OK .
- Click the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Click the + sign next to Software.
- Click the + sign next to Miscrosft.
- Click the + sign next to Windows.
- Click the + sign next to CurrentVersion.
- Click the + sign next to Explorer.
- Click the + sign next to Shell Folders.
- In the right pane of the Registry Editor window, double-click Common Administrative Tools .
- In the Value data box of the Edit String dialog box that appears, type the following line: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools then click OK .
- In the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
- Reinstall printer drivers.