HP Officejet 5510 All-in-One Printer support
Resolving Paper Jams for HP Officejet 5500 Series Printers
While printing, copying, or receiving a fax, a paper jam occurs. If the jammed paper is removed incorrectly, other problems may occur.
Clearing paper jams
Remove the jammed paper by following the steps below:
WARNING:Jammed paper must be removed using the rear access door to avoid mechanical damage. Do not remove jammed paper from the front of the all-in-one.
- Turn off the HP product and turn it so the back of the all-in-one faces you.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the all-in-one.CAUTION:The power cord must be disconnected to allow the paper feed rollers to turn freely and avoid mechanical damage.
- Locate and open the rear access door by pressing in on the left side tab to release the catches and then pulling the door toward you.
- Inspect the pressure rollers on the rear access door and verify that they are clean and turn freely. Clean the rollers if needed with a soft towel lightly moistened with water. If the rollers do not turn freely, replace the rear access door. Click How to Buy on this page to order replacement parts.
- From the rear access door opening, remove the jammed paper.
- Remove the remaining paper from the paper supply tray. Discard any paper that is damaged or crumpled and then re-stack and reload the paper into the paper supply tray.
- Reinstall the rear access door.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on the all-in-one.
Preventing paper jams
The following information will help prevent paper jams from occurring:
- Never use paper that is wrinkled or damaged in any way.
- If you are having problems using paper that has already been printed on once (recycling), replace it with fresh paper.
- Remove and then reinstall the rear access door. Verify that the access door is fully locked in place. The paper can skew if the rear access door isn't locked.
- Every six months to one year, clean the paper feed rollers with a rag lightly moistened with clean water. Over time the paper feed rollers accumulate dust and do not function as well as they once did.
- When printing envelopes, tuck the flap into the envelope and crease the folds before printing.
Other solutions customers found helpful
-- A 'Carriage Jam' or 'Carriage Blocked' Error Message Displays for HP Officejet 5500 All-in-One Printer Series
HP All-in-One Products -- 'Out of Paper' Error Message Displays and the Product Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper
HP Officejet 5500, 5600, 6200, 6300, and J5700 All-in-One Printer Series -- Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick up Paper or Loads Multiple Pages
More for this product
HP Support forums
Find solutions and collaborate with others on the HP Support Forum