HP Officejet 4110 All-in-One Printer support
Paper Jam Messages
This document describes how to fix jams and paper-feed errors.
NOTE:If the problem occurs when paper is feeding into the automatic document feeder (ADF) while scanning, copying, or faxing clear the jam from the ADF.If a paper jam is cleared incorrectly, a carriage jam may occur.
Clearing paper jams
Paper jams can be real or false. The unit may report a paper jam when there is not any jammed paper, however, the solution to a real paper jam or a false paper jam is the same.
WARNING:Jammed paper must be removed using the rear access door and the power cord must be disconnected or a carriage jam or mechanical damage may occur. Do not remove jammed paper from the front of the unit.
- Turn off the HP product and turn it so the back of the unit faces you.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the all-in-one. The power cord must be disconnected to allow the paper feed rollers to turn freely.
- Locate and open the rear access door by pressing in on the left side tab and then pulling the door toward you.Inspect the pressure rollers on the rear access door and verify that they are clean and turn freely. Clean the rollers if needed with a soft towel lightly moistened with water. If the rollers do not turn freely, replace the rear access door.
- Inspect the pressure rollers on the rear access door and verify that they are clean and turn freely. Clean the rollers if needed with a soft towel lightly moistened with water. If the rollers do not turn freely, replace the rear access door. Click How to buy on this page to order replacement parts.
- From the rear access door opening, remove the jammed paper.
- Remove the remaining paper from the paper supply tray. Discard any paper that is damaged or crumpled and then re-stack and reload the paper into the paper supply tray.
- Reinstall the rear access door.
- Reconnect the power cord to the unit and turn the unit on.If a carriage stall occurs after clearing the paper jam, resolve the carriage stall.
Preventing paper jams
The following information will help prevent paper jams from occurring:
- When loading paper in to the paper tray, push it in until it meets first resistance. Do not continue pushing the paper in. If the paper is pushed too far in, more than one page is picked and paper jams result. This is the most common cause of paper jams with the HP Officejet 410 series.
- Never use paper that is wrinkled or damaged in any way.
- If you are having problems using paper that has already been printed on once, replace it with fresh paper.
- Remove and then reinstall the rear access door. Verify that the access door is fully locked in place. The paper can skew if the rear access door isn't locked.
- Every six months - one year, clean the paper feed rollers with a rag slightly dampened with clean water. Over time the paper feed rollers accumulate dust and do not function as well as they once did.
- When printing envelopes, tuck the flap into the envelope and crease the folds before printing.