HP Photosmart 8150 Photo Printer support
Printer Specifications for HP Photosmart 8150 Printer Series
This document outlines the product specifications for the HP Photosmart 8150 printer.
HP Photosmart printer model
|HP Photosmart 8150 printer||Q3399A|
|Operating system||Windows XP Professional, XP Home, 98, 2000 Professional, Me||OS X v 10.1 through 10.3|
NOTE:There is no support for OS 9 or OS X Classic Mode for this printer.
|Processor||Pentium II (or equivalent) or greater||G3 or greater|
|RAM||64 MB (128 MB recommended)||Mac OS X v 10.1 and OS X v 10.3: 128 MB|
|Free disk space||500 MB||500 MB|
|Video display||800 x 600, 16-bit or higher||800 x 600, 16-bit or higher|
|Connectivity||USB: Windows XP Home, XP Professional, 98, 2000 Professional, and Me |
PictBridge: using front camera port
Bluetooth: using optional HP Bluetooth wireless printer adapter
|USB 2.0 full speed (Mac OS X v 10.1 through v 10.3)|
PictBridge: using front camera port
|Internet Explorer version||Internet Explorer 5.5 or more current||NA|
Visit HP SureSupply to check ink cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement ink cartridges.
- Go to the HP SureSupply website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then make sure the country/region location is correct.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to order new ink cartridges or check ink cartridge compatibility with your printer.
Genuine HP ink cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
|Black dpi||1200 dpi|
|Color dpi||4800 optimized dpi|
|PQ Technologies (optional setting)||PhotREt Pro|
|Draft Mode Speed Black/Color (4-ink)||26/20 ppm (7-ink)|
|Draft Mode Speed Black/Color (6-ink)||20/20 ppm (8-ink)|
- Rear USB port: 2.0 full speed, supporting connection to a computer, notebook computer, and selected HP cameras with HP Direct Printing
- Four memory card slots: CF I and II, IBM Micro drive, Secure Digital/MM card, SmartMedia card/xD-Picture card, and Sony Memory Stick
- Bluetooth wireless printing compatible with optional Bluetooth adapter
- PictBridge camera compatible through printer's front USB port
- HP Instant Share
- Print borderless photos with colorful, customized frames
- Transform photos into instant classics with black-and-white, sepia, or other color effects
- Improve the quality of photos by removing red eye, brightening, and improving the contrast
- Two ink cartridge printing system
- Up to 5x zoom
- Clockwise picture rotation
Paper tray capacity
Up to 100 sheets (A-size)
|Height, width, depth||6.6 x 18.4 x 15.4 inches (167.64 mm x 467.36 mm x 391.16 mm)|
|Weight||15.5 lbs (7.03 kg)|
Hewlett-Packard Company is committed to providing quality products in an environmentally sound manner. This printer has been designed with several attributes to minimize impact on HP's environment. For more information, go to HP's Commitment to the Environment Web site at www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/ .
This product generates no appreciable ozone gas (O3).
Energy usage drops significantly while in ENERGY STAR mode, which saves natural resources, and saves money without affecting the high performance of this product. This product qualifies for ENERGY STAR, which is a voluntary program established to encourage the development of energy-efficient office products. ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered mark of the U.S. EPA. As an ENERGY STAR partner, Hewlett-Packard Company has determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency. For more information, go to www.energystar.gov .
Paper and plastic use
This product is suited for the use of recycled paper according to DIN 19309. Plastic parts over 24 grams (0.88 ounces) are marked according to international standards that enhance the ability to identify plastics for recycling purposes at the end of the printer's life.
Material safety data sheets
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) can be obtained from the HP Web site at www.hp.com/go/msds. Customers without Internet access should contact HP support.
HP offers an increasing number of product return and recycling programs in many countries/regions and partners with some of the largest electronic recycling centers throughout the world. HP conserves resources by reselling some of its most popular products. This HP product contains lead in the solder, which may require special handling at the end of its life.