HP Photosmart 2610 All-in-One Printer support
Replacing the Ink Cartridges
When the ink level for a cartridge is low, a message appears on the display.
NOTE:You can also check the ink levels using the HP Director by following the instructions below.
Replace the cartridge when you receive a low-ink warning message on the display or when faded text or print quality issues related to the print cartridges start occurring.
NOTE:Use these instructions to replace the black cartridge with the photo or gray photo print cartridge for printing high-quality color or black-and-white photos.
Checking the ink levels
- Open the HP Director using the desktop icon.
- Click Settings , point to Print Settings , and then click Printer Toolbox .
- Click the Estimated Ink Level tab.
- For information on obtaining replacement cartridges, click Print Cartridge Ordering Information .
Replacing the print cartridges
- Make sure the HP all-in-one is on.WARNING:If the HP all-in-one is off when the print-carriage access door is lifted to access the print cartridges, the HP all-in-one will not release the cartridges for changing. Damage may occur to the HP all-in-one if the print cartridges are not docked safely on the right side when you try to remove them.
- Open the print-carriage access door by lifting from the front center of the device, until the door locks into place.The print carriage is on the far right side of the HP all-in-one.
- When the print carriage is idle and silent, press down and then lift a cartridge latch inside the HP all-in-one.If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, lift the green latch on the left. If you are replacing the black, photo, or gray photo print cartridge, lift the black latch on the right.
- Push down on the print cartridge to release, and then pull it toward the front the unit until it clears its slot.
- If removing the black print cartridge to install the photo or gray photo print cartridge, store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector.
- Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
- Slide the new print cartridge down the ramp and into the empty slot. Push the print cartridge forward until it clicks into place.If the print cartridge you are installing has a white triangle on its label, slide the print cartridge into the slot on the left. The latch is green with a solid white triangle on it.If the print cartridge you are installing has a white square or a white pentagon on its label, slide the print cartridge into the slot on the right. The latch is black with a solid white square and a solid white pentagon on it.
- Press down on the latch until it stops. Make sure the latch catches below the bottom tabs.
- Close the print-carriage access door.
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP Photosmart 2610 and 2710 Series All-in-One -- 'Incorrect Cartridge', 'Incompatible Cartridge', or other Cartridge Problem Message Displays