HP Officejet 7410 All-in-One Printer support
Paper Feed Issues with the Automatic Document Feeder
- If the automatic document feeder (ADF) does not pick up any pages at all, the rollers inside the automatic document feeder need to be cleaned.
- If the automatic document feeder picks up multiple pages instead of single sheets, the separator pad inside the automatic document feeder needs to be cleaned.
Load one or two sheets of unused plain white full-size paper into the document feeder tray, and then press Start Copy Black to pull the pages through the automatic document feeder. The plain paper releases and absorbs residue from the rollers and separator pad.
NOTE:If the automatic document feeder does not pick up the plain paper, try cleaning the front roller. Wipe the roller with a soft lint-free cloth dampened with distilled water.
If the problem persists, or the automatic document feeder does not pick up the plain paper, clean the rollers and separator pad manually. Follow the procedures below to remove the face plate from the front of the automatic document feeder, access the pick assembly inside the automatic document feeder, clean the rollers or separator pad, and then reattach the face plate.
Removing the face plate of the ADF
To remove the face plate from the front of the automatic document feeder, follow the steps below.
- Remove all originals from the document feeder tray.NOTE:It might be easier to work with the automatic document feeder if the document feeder tray is removed first.
- Lift the cover of the automatic document feeder.
- Lift the lid on the HP all-in-one, and locate the notch near the top right edge of the lid backing.
- Place one or two fingers in the notch, as you lower the lid of the HP all-in-one. Keep your fingers in the notch until the lid is almost closed.
- Push against the top of the face plate with your thumb as you pull the bottom away from the right side of the HP all-in-one with your fingers. Use a slight twisting motion to help release the face plate on the right side.CAUTION:Do not pull the face plate all the way off yet. There is a plastic catch on the far left inside of the face plate that helps secure the face plate in place. If the face plate is pulled straight off, the plastic catch on the inside of the face plate might be damaged.
- Slide the face plate to the left until the plastic catch on the left side is not touching any part of the HP all-in-one, then pull the face plate away from the device.
Cleaning the rollers or separator pad
Follow the steps below to clean the rollers or separator pad.
- Once the face plate of the ADF is removed, use the blue-green handle to lift the pick assembly.This allows access to the rollers and the separator pad.
- Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled water, then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe any residue off of the rollers or the separator pad.
- If the residue does not come off using distilled water, try using isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol.
- Use the blue-green handle to lower the pick assembly.
Reattaching the face plate of the ADF
Follow the steps below to reattach the face plate to the front of the automatic document feeder.
- Hook the face plate onto the left side of the HP all-in-one so that the plastic catch on the far left inside of the face plate catches on the notch on the front of the automatic document feeder.
- Line up the right edge of the face plate with the right side of the HP all-in-one, and then press on the right side of the face plate until it snaps securely into place.
- Place your hands towards the center of the face plate, and press until the center of the face plate snaps into place. You should hear two clicks; one when the left side snaps into place, and one when the right side snaps into place.
- Close the cover of the automatic document feeder.
- If you removed the document feeder tray, reattach it.
Other solutions customers found helpful
HP Officejet 7200, 7300, and 7400 Printer Series -- 'Paper Jam: Clear jam, and then press OK' Message Displays on the Control Panel
HP Officejet 7200, 7300, and 7400 All-in-One Printer Series -- 'Clear carriage jam and press OK to continue' Message Appears on the All-in-One
HP Officejet All-in-One Series -- Front Panel Shows 'Original Loaded', but the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) is Empty