HP Photosmart 8150 Photo Printer support
Removing and Installing Print Cartridges
Cartridge replacement animation
Click the play button above ( ) to see an animation on how to replace print cartridges, or continue to the sections below for detailed instructions.
Step one: Open the printer
- Make sure the printer is turned on. Press the Power button if it is not lit.
- Open the printer cover, then wait until the print cartridge cradle is idle and silent.
Step 2 - Remove old cartridges
Step 3 - Use a cartridge protector
If you are temporarily removing a working cartridge (for instance, removing a Black cartridge in order to install a Photo cartridge), put it in a cartridge protector. Cartridge protectors come with Photo cartridges.
Step 4 - Make sure the new cartridges are compatible
Click this link, HP Home & Home Office Store (US only), and then click Ink Toner & Paper to purchase cartridges or check cartridge compatibility for your printer.
If you are located outside of the US, follow these steps to purchase cartridges using HP SureSupply.
- Click this link, HP SureSupply .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure that the country or region location is correct.
Step 5 - Install the new cartridges
- If you are installing a new print cartridge, remove the protective tape.CAUTION:Do not attempt to remove the copper strip.CAUTION:After the tape is removed, do not touch the copper contacts or the ink nozzles.
- Hold the print cartridge so the nozzles are down and the contacts face toward the printer, then slide the cartridge into the carriage.
- Cartridges marked with a triangle go into the left carriage slot.
- Cartridges marked with a square or pentagon go into the right carriage slot.
- Push down on the print cartridge latch until it snaps closed.
- Close the printer cover.