HP Photosmart 8150 Photo Printer support
Removing and Installing Print Cartridges
Cartridge replacement animation
Click the play button above () to see an animation on how to replace print cartridges, or continue to the sections below for detailed instructions.
Step one: Open the printer
- Make sure the printer is turned on. Press the Power button if it is not lit.
- Open the printer cover, then wait until the print cartridge cradle is idle and silent.
Step 2 - Remove old cartridges
Step 3 - Use a cartridge protector
If you are temporarily removing a working cartridge (for instance, removing a Black cartridge in order to install a Photo cartridge), put it in a cartridge protector. Cartridge protectors come with Photo cartridges.
Step 4 - Make sure the new cartridges are compatible
Visit HP SureSupply to check ink cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement ink cartridges.
- Go to the HP SureSupply website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and then make sure the country/region location is correct.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to order new ink cartridges or check ink cartridge compatibility with your printer.
Genuine HP ink cartridges can also be purchased from other retailers.
Step 5 - Install the new cartridges
- If you are installing a new print cartridge, remove the protective tape.CAUTION:Do not attempt to remove the copper strip.CAUTION:After the tape is removed, do not touch the copper contacts or the ink nozzles.
- Hold the print cartridge so the nozzles are down and the contacts face toward the printer, then slide the cartridge into the carriage.
- Cartridges marked with a triangle go into the left carriage slot.
- Cartridges marked with a square or pentagon go into the right carriage slot.
- Push down on the print cartridge latch until it snaps closed.
- Close the printer cover.